12: you did not just flirt in spanish...

The day went by pretty fast, my mom woke me up around 9 and took me out shopping. We went to a few stores to grab some new school supplies and then a few more stores to grab some new clothes. It sure is a blast going 'back to school shopping' (sense the sarcasm). Well, let's just say I am SO not looking forward to going to school tomorrow. I hate having to make all new friends and not know where I'm going and worst of all, having to go into school 2 weeks later than everyone else and have to catch up. No, I lied, that's not even the worst part; the worst part is having to face Aaron like nothing is wrong. Long story short, tomorrow will be an interesting day.

"Spenc, dinner is ready!" I hear my mom call and I head downstairs. "I made your favorite!!" I look over at the kitchen table and see a big bowl of mac n cheese with hotdogs. I smile as I slide into my seat and begin to eat up. "So, are you excited for tomorrow?" My mom sits down in the seat next to me with her bowl.

"Uh, not in the least bit," I keep my head down not wanting to make eye contact with her.

"What are you worried about?"

"Would it be bad if I said, everything..."

. . .

My alarm awakes me out of my dreamless sleep... Again. The fact that the sun isn't blinding me through my shades means that it is way to early for any human being to be up. I reach to hit snooze and then remember that this is my third time hitting snooze and I am already running late. "Shit," I murmur under my breath as I see my alarm clock that reads 5:20 am. I have to be out of the door by 6:00 and I haven't even put any thought into my 'first day' outfit.

I bolt out of bed and groan as I run over to my closet. I grab the first dress I see and throw it on... Adding a few extra accessories to complete my outfit.

I look at myself in my mirror and applaud myself for the speedy put together

I look at myself in my mirror and applaud myself for the speedy put together. I curl my hair loosely and throw on some brown heeled boots. Lastly, I cake on some foundation, mascara and lip stick. I take one final look at myself in the mirror, spray on some perfume  and grab my backpack, running out of my bedroom door. I grab the bagel my mom left out for me before heading to the office early and I sprint out the door. I begin walking down my street and around the corner before getting close to school. I normally drive myself but my mom has the car and I've got none... So walking it is.

After I arrive at the front of the school, my eye scans the crowd of kids hanging around the school yard talking and laughing. I'm not quite sure who I'm looking for until I find him... Aaron. He is surrounded by a group of guys and a few girls as well, laughing and talking.

I continue to walk up to the front of the school as everyone's eyes dart over to me. "Yup, I'm the 'new girl' feast your eyes. Take a picture of ya like, it'll last longer." I think in my head as I just ignore everyone's stares.