Lies and Truths

[Shiki]

"What makes you think that?" I asked, avoiding eye contact with Kaname. I placed one hand on my necklace, which was my only seal left, and the only gift from my dead mother. I sat on the bed, sighing.

"You are, aren't you?" Kaname asked. He stood in front of me, and pierced me with his brown eyes. I looked up at him, and continued to stare him down.

"No. I am not their daughter," I lied. Or tried to. Kaname smirked, and sat next to me on the bed. He shook his head while laughing at me.

"You are extremely horrible at lying. Has anyone every told you that, Lady Tsukumo?", Kaname asked. I nodded, and stared at my house hands until someone knocked the wooden door.

"Lord Kaname? I'm sorry to have taken away Shiki-san's necklace," Aido called from behind the door. Kaname wore a stern expression as Aido opened the door. His gaze landed on me, who sat on the bed, next to Kaname.

"You! Why are you sitting so casually next to Lord Kaname! You shouldn't even be there!" Aido yelled, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"I'm not going to take off my necklace to use my powers on anybody," I whispered to Kaname. He nodded, still facing the blonde. Aido ran up to us, and glared at me.

"I will take off your necklace once again if I must. You are not on the same level as our Lord," he scolded. He broke the chain of my necklace, and the blue stone dropped to the ground. Anger swelled inside of me, and I felt as if I was about to burst.

[Third POV]

Shiki's eyes glowed a brilliant blue, not red, and a burst of hot air flew in the blue colored room. Aido flew to the wall, hitting his back in the process. Kaname sat still, overlooking the situation.

"I thought you said you weren't going to use your powers," Kaname said, chuckling. "Well, I guess I lied then," Shiki answered. Aidi looked at the two in a confused manner.

"Shiki... is Tsukumo? Pureblood? Aren't they dead?" Aido asked. Kaname picked up the fallen blue jewel, and placed it in Shiki's hand. Her eyes turned from blue to brown in an instant, as if nothing happened, and she no longer had a strong pureblood aura around her.

"Why is it that you insist to keep your powers hidden?" Aido asked. She shook her head, and placed her blue stone in her uniform pocket. It was time to go to class.

The three walked silently towards the front gates, where the rest of the Night Class waited for them. The noise outside the large gates were crazily loud, squeals of girls. The gates opened slowly, as the Night Class advanced through the gates.

[Shiki's POV]

Yuki was there, trying to hold the Day Class back, as a white haired boy stood there, glaring at the girls and at us. Once Yuki saw me, she ran towards me, leaving the Day Class alone.

"Nee-san!!!" Yuki squealed. The white haired boy yelled in annoyance, as the Day Class girls marched towards the Night Class. The white haired boy stormed over to me with a glare.

"Blood suckers should go where they belong. Definitely not here," he said with his cold voice. Yuki hugged me closely and shook her head.

"Zero, she is my older sister, Shiki Cross," Yuki laughed. I shrugged and waved them both goodbye, as I walked back to the group heading towards our classes. Everyone gave me weird looks and started to head towards the classrooms.

I felt a strange presence, not knowing the exact location. My blood ran cold, goosebumps forming on my arms. I'm guessing none of the other aristocrats sensed this, except for Kaname. His eyes wandered from side to side, and kept walking to prevent the aristocrats from noticing.

His eyes met mine, and we looked away from each other. The group entered the classrooms at last, only to find a surprise. A man with a eye patch was waiting for us, leaning against the wall.

"Oh, a vampire hunter," Takuma said with interest. He kept his straight face, and walked over to his wooden seat, and sat upright. The rest followed his example, and sat in their respected seats.

"Now, I don't know what Kaien Cross was thinking, putting bloodsuckers in a human school, but also placing Shiki here," he snarled. Everyone turned to face me.

"Hi Uncle!" I chirped happily.