Ren Sakaki, Many Years Before

[Ren Sakaki]

It wasn't that long ago.

When the Tsukumo family had been cursed, or 'gifted' with a child each century to be a monster. A monster with unlimited power, respected by every vampire. But, there was me, to fix all of this mess up.

<···>

When I was younger, I met Shiki as child, and I was twenty years older than her. Yet, I brought her terrible memories, attacking her family when she was just a weakling then. But I was determined to get rid of them.

"At least let my child live!" she yelled. Tears flowed like sparkling rivers down her cheek, her eyes moist. May held Takahito close to her chest, as he coughed up blood. He urged May to run, but she refused his last request. She had sent Shiki into the forest with the family necklace.

"Why should I spare that child?" I asked, wearing a fake cruel smile on my face. In reality, I was horrified at what I had done. The only reason I'm doing this, isn't because I wanted to. I had killed the vampire hunters that intruded, but they had helped me in my plan.

"Because... you are our family," May cried. "Just because you are threatened doesn't mean you have to do this! Just let us help you!"

My heart warmed from her words, yet either way she knew she couldn't have helped. None of them have enough power to save me. What's happening? My child is being threatened with death.

"My son isn't going to be safe unless I do this..." I muttered. May closed her eyes, hurt, but she understood why. Takahito stopped breathing, causing May to increase the amount she was sobbing.

I'm sorry. I promise to let your child to live, May and Takahito-sama.

I held my hand towards May, and closed my eyes. May and Takahito disappeared into blue sparkles, that lit the room, and flew out the open window that I stood in front of.

As the blue lights flew past me, out the window, wind blew.

Thank you for letting her live.

"It is my promise to you, that I will protect Shiki from far away," I softly said, crying, looking up at the sky. I promised those two, and I will keep that promise for the rest of my life.

<···>

I silently followed Shiki around the Academy, until someone caught me acting like a stalker. It was a white haired boy with a tattoo on his neck.

"Who the hell are you, pervert?" he snarled. "You blood sucking monster in disguise."

"Whoa there. That's taking it a little too rough there," I said, raising my hands in surrender. He pointed his gun as me, which caused me to sigh.

"Okay okay, I'm watching over Shiki Tsukumo, ok?"

"You mean stalking?"

"No! I'm protecting her."

"Sure~, go ahead and die."

I smacked his head, and he lifted his gun at me again. I turned around, running into the forest nearby. He started to shout at my back, as I hurried to Moon Dorms. I need to protect Shiki!

Level E vampires sent by Rido quickly noticed me, and started to head back to town. I quickly slashed two at a time, round house kicking, throwing some into the trees. I heavily sighed as more came as reinforcements. I lifted my hand, as the wind sliced through the reinforcements, turning them to dust.

"Lowly humans who turned to beast," I muttered. They are probably heading to the Moon Dorms. I stayed there, continuously fighting for about three hours straight, until they were all dead. The moon was out, yet three hours earlier it was sunny.

I started to head out to the Moon Dorms, until I felt a powerful presence like mine, watching me. I looked up at the Dorms, only for my red eyes to meet pure blue ones. Silver flashed before my eyes.

Oh no.

Shiki had saw me, and she is probably going to murder me for killing her parents. But I probably won't have a chance to talk to her. Sweat covered my hands, as nervousness slowly got to my nerves. I was a monster like her, but still. She gives off such authority.

"REN SAKAKI. COME HERE RIGHT NOW SO I CAN MURDER YOU."

I flinched, and shook with fear. She was probably holding off her anger for more than a million years. Yep, we are that old. But right now, I might not live anymore.

"Wait, Shiki! Let me explain!" I shouted. Blue sparks of lightning flashed around her silver hair, as her blue eyes glowed brighter with anger. "You murderer..."

I gulped, biting my bottom lip. I thought she would at least listen to me, but her anger blocked out her hearing. Shiki floated gently, but when her feet touched the forest ground, electric shocks flew through the ground, electrifying all living thinks. It shocked me, burning my shoes a little. Burnt rubber filled my nostrils.

"Shiki, I'm sorry... I was threatened, so I had to," I shouted. She growled with hatred, making me sweat drop. "If you were threatened... YOU SHOULD'VE LET OTHERS HELP YOU."

I faintly smiled, shocking Shiki, knocking her off balance. "You are so much like your mother..." I whispered.

"She told me the same thing. Yet she knew I would kill her either way because it can't be helped. So I promised her something that I wouldn't break. I swore on my life," I started. Shiki calmed down a little, but of course she is still pissed.

"I promised your mother and father, May and Takahito Tsukumo, that I will protect you forever in exchange for their lives. I have been watching over you for your whole life, without you knowing."

Shiki looked pale, heartbroken and touched at the same time. It was such a dramatic mood, until the white haired guy came with a pureblood and a blonde aristocrat.

"There's the stalker!"

"I'm not a stalker  you brat!"

I glared at the white haired knuckle head, as Kaname the pureblood, narrowed his eyes. The blonde aristocrat took on a offensive position.

"Guys, don't. It's alright," Shiki whispered softly. She wiped her tears away from her eyes, sniffling. She stared at me once again.

"Alright, if you want me to forgive you, keep your promise with my parents."

"Understood," I said, with a faint smile on my lips. I can finally rest in peace...

"But on one condition. You have to be my butler."

My composure broke after two minutes. Shock got to my heart, and I fell backwards. After falling down, my eyes closed and sleep overwhelmed me.

"Yo you stupid uncle! Wake up!"

I heard Shiki yell at me over and over again, as I slept. Mostly from shock, I almost died.