Chapter 56: I love you 2

Start from the beginning

"Who?"

"Some personnel sent from the company. He prefers not to disclose his name yet till he's sure you're the one he's here to meet."

Although something felt off about the situation but I still made my way downstairs, into the lobby and towards the receptionist desk. The young man behind the counter pointed towards the person and my eyes followed the direction of his hand.

For a moment, I couldn't steady my gaze on who exactly he was pointing at but as my eyes fell on the unexpected figure, my expression went blank. I watched as she expressed a simple smile just as she waved lightly waved. Soon, she was rolling her luggage behind her as she walked up to me.

She smiled a little broader once she stood in front of me. I couldn't utter a word. Is this a dream or one of my recent infatuations? Is... Is she really here?

I watched as she let out a quiet and yet steady sigh just she lowered her eyes. It would seem she was nervous.

"Hi." She started as she looked back up to me amidst a charming smile.

"I know. What a surprise... I'm kind of happy because that's what I was going for." She continued but all I could do was stare. I couldn't find a single word to utter. Her presence set in such a shocking state. I missed her but... I never imagined she would be here. Wait... How do I know my mind isn't just playing another trick with me? My recent imaginations seemed real and they even spoke.

I watched as she rolled her lips in for a second while lowering her eyes.

"You're right. This idea was stupid." Suddenly, she added and turned away to leave. I was quick to take hold of her hand and force her to turn right back to me, engulfing her right away in a tight hug.

This was real. She was real and not just another imagination. She came.

"I missed you." I added in a near whisper as my eyes shut just to take in the moment. Hugging her her tight enough wasn't even going to cut how much my heart had yearned for her.

In a little while, I gradually let go of the hug to take a look at her face. She hadn't said a word after words and though she smiled, I could see the little awkwardness and confusion that trailed on her face.

"I... I'll just get a room." She spoke up a little shaky as she attempted to turn away towards the reception desk.

I was quick to hold onto her hand and took hold of her suitcase. I could say something, explain myself but I really didn't see the need so regardless of the surprise look in her eyes, I dragged her along with me towards the elevator.

Using the key card, I unlocked the door into my suite and we walked in. As I shut the door, I felt her hand slip out of mine just as she went further into the room.

"Wow, even in hotels, people really do live like kings." She added as she went side by side, having as much good look as she desired.

I couldn't help glancing at my hand, the one that had held onto hers. It felt empty and only reminded me of how much I'd missed her. I watched as she strolled into the bathroom to have a good look and back into what would see the living room, where I was. I watched her peep through the large curtains that hid away the large transparent glass behind.

I saw how much she was trying to get good look of the view. I picked up the remote, pressed a button and watched as the curtain parted ways, revealing the beautiful view of the city. Lights shimmering through the night. I heard her gasp at the mere sight of the view and soon after, a wide smile wore prettily on her face.

"It's so beautiful." She stated and I couldn't help agreeing more without taking my eyes off her.

"Yes. Beautiful."

I set the remote back on the table and began my march towards her. Every step, my heart thumped louder within my chest. My mind yelled for me to stop but the loud drums of my heart made its yelling faint and I kept on going. I only stopped an inch behind her.

"I have something to tell you."

She was quick to make a turn and I saw the surprise that wore on her face as her eyes widened at how close we were but I have to do this. Now, I have to accept the truth. I can deal with whatever aftermath might show up.

Though my insides were shaky, I tried my best to put up a stable front as I took hold of her hands in mine and stared into her eyes.

"I love you." I said it and noticed the slow but steady surprise that detailed within her eyes. I had to keep going even though my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

Gradually, I leaned towards her and softly locked my lips with hers, wrapping a hand around her waist as I closed up the gap between us and the other hand, cupping her face.

I'd never felt so alive, at the same time scared, excited, shaky, nervous, almost all emotions at once. I never want to be far from her ever again. I wanted to show her just how much I loved her. I wanted to become one with her.

I caressed her body and reached up to take off her coat, suddenly, she pulled away from the kiss.

"Wait." She exclaimed as she crossed her arms over a chest as a sort of shield. Too surprised, I simply stared at her.

"I... I have to take a shower first. I was on a flight, in a car. I'm a little sticky so... I'll be back in five minutes." Having said that, she broke out of my hold and rushed away faster than I'd expected. Though a little dumbfounded, I looked back and watched as she took hold of her suitcase and quickly made her way into the bathroom. She flashed me a charming smile and then shut the door.

Looking away, I let out a breath I'd been somehow been holding in and my legs almost gave up on me. I didn't know I was this shaky within. Rubbing my chest as if that would calm my racing heart, I made my way to the sofa and took my seat.

For a moment, I shut my eyes.

It's going to be fine. I did the right thing. I did well.