Chapter 4

Joongki woke up with a start. It didn't feel refreshing at all. He stayed up really late last night, accompanying his subordinates working overtime to do the editing and finishing of the due commercial.

The clock on the nightstand showed it was forty five minutes past ten. He thought maybe he should stay in bed a little bit more. He felt dead tired and he had no plan for the day other than watching baseball on the television later.

It hadn't been long since he drifted back to sleep when his phone ringtone woke him up. Lazily, he rose up to sit and reached over the gadget that he had put on the empty side of the bed. Kim Minseok was written on the screen.

"Oh, Minseok-ah," he cleared his throat, "why are you calling so early in the morning?"

He glanced at the clock. Yes, fifteen minutes past eleven was early morning on weekend.

"Gwanjang-nim, I'm really sorry. It seems like I have to trouble you."

The boy sounded really apologetic when he talked. Long story short, he was supposed to help his friend to take pictures for a flower shop website on Sunday. However, the schedule suddenly changed to Saturday. The thing was, his brother took the camera that he supposed to use that day without him knowing and went to a retreat.

"I have another camera but I left it on my parents' place. Gwanjang-nim, I'm really sorry, I think I need to take the camera that you borrowed."

"There's no need to be sorry, it's about the time I should return it to you. Let me move all the files to my computer first. What time do you need it?"

"It's scheduled on 1pm. The shop is close to your place. I think I'll drop by your place around twelve thirty. How does it sound, Gwanjang-nim?"

It made him pondering. Actually, since he got back into his old hobby, he had been wanting to go on pictures hunting with Minseok. He wanted to learn from the boy and discussed about the current trend on photography. This might be a good opportunity for him, because even if he often monitored Minseok when they were working, there was not much space to converse.

"Minseok-ah, may I come and see? Or would it be a bother if I come?"

"Do you want to come, Gwanjang-nim? We're just taking pictures though, there's nothing special," the boy spoke hesitantly. "It's not that you can't come, they are all friendly, the people there. They'll welcome you just fine if you do come," he added in case if this senior of him misunderstood his words.

"Yes, I'm just being curious, I guess, and bored. I have nothing to do anyway. So, I think I might as well going there since it's close. If you allow it, you don't have to drop by my place. I'll bring the camera over, just text me the address."

"Alright, Gwanjang-nim, I'll send you the address. Then, see you there?"

"Yes, I'll see you there."

They ended the call. Out of nowhere, the thought of Chaewon came in his mind after Minseok's mention of flower shop. How was she doing? Had she gotten better? When he drove her home, he noticed it was quite a long walk from her place to the bus stop or the subway station. It would be really uncomfortable going through the distance with a sprained ankle.

Joongki left the bed and went to take the camera from his desk. He emptied the memory card, moving all the pictures he had captured to his personal computer. It would take a few minutes to finish it all, so while waiting he took a quick shower. When he got out of the bathroom, the transferring was done and he packed the camera back into its bag.

There was still much time left before the designated time. He leisurely made himself brunch, eating while skipping through the channels until he settled on a talk show. He still had the time to do the dishes before he dressed up and ready to go outside. He took his wallet, the camera bag and checked his phone for the address that Minseok had sent.