Chapter 22: Midnight Flight

P.S: I don't own HTTYD
Crescent POV
I couldn't help myself, I was in the air, ahead of the dragons doing flips and tricks. I dove quickly into the deep underwater world below and came back with a splash. I spun in a circle and the droplets off water flew of my scales, Spinelash stared in aw and flew by me, "Hey~" "For the final time, I'm not into you, and plus your not up to my level." I growled, "Let's see, what can you do that I can't?" He asked. I chuckled, "Well, I can break Dragonproof chains and this." With a few flaps of my wings I was far ahead of Spinelash, "I'm faster than you!" I flew upsidedown and dove back into the water and shot back up. The island was far ahead, Hiccup asinged me with making sure the dragons made it there and back safely. I looked back at the rest of the flying reptiles and saw that everyone was fine. I shot up into the clouds and circled to the back to make sure we weren't being followed, luckly we were good. I returned to my position at the head of the pack. I hummed a song as my tail swayed back and forth to the catchy beat, soon my entire body was swaying to the beat. Even my wingbeats matched to the beat. By the end of the song we made it to the island, I landed my claws on a high rock. The rest of the dragons landed on the lower area and began to rest. It was pretty late, the sun had just set, the couples curled up with one another and went to sleep. I was the last one to fall asleep. I wook up in the middle of the night and sighed, "Midnight fuel," I flew up into the clouds, hoping a midnight flight would drain my energy. Above the clouds was so peaceful and quiet, I began to hum a song, my body began to follow the thum of the song. I stopped when I heard the wingbeats of another dragon, "Who's there?" I looked thought the white fields of cotton candy to find this follower. There was only silence, I began to fly father from the island so if there was someone tailing me they wouldn't find the dragons I'm supposed to guard with my life, if it came down to that. I looked to my sides and saw nothing, above and below, still, nothing. The secondary wingbeats I could still hear clearly. I began to slow down my flap pattern, I was soon left gliding. I dove below the clouds, and all I could hear was the still ocean waves. I flew up above the clouds, the wingbeats were louder, I quickened my pace, the mysterious flapping did the same. I saw a small island out the corner of my eye and sped my way there. Looks like this is going to end in a fight... I heard the sound of a landing dragon. I growled, "Easy, I'm not here to fight." A voice came from the shadows, "Heh. And here I thought all the Skull Furies were gone, or at least I was the only." I used my night vision and my eyes widened at what I saw. Another Skull Fury, "A-another Skull Fury? How?" "Same question I've been asking myself as soon I saw you," he walked out of the shadows, he was larger than me but not by much. He had different patters across his legs and wings, "The names Quartile. You?" "Crescent." I replied. Dang, he sure is hot...his eyes..everything about him..wait a sec, am I in love??? Is this what love feels like?, "Well I should get back to were I was." He looked at me, then his ears twitched and pinned me to the ground just as a net flew above us. He got up and blasted a tree, I sprang to my feet and kept an eye out for any dragon trappers or hunters. I felt a sharp pain in my side, dragon root. I fell to the ground, Quartile did too. I'm sorry Hiccup....I've failed you... I thought as everything turned black.
_______________________________________
A/N: Sorry for the really long chapter and don't worry, you'll get what you came for next chapter!