chapter ix teaser!

here's a small teaser from the upcoming chapter (nine)! it will be uploaded tonight. see you then!

"Lucas, the elevator's going to make too much noise." Farkle stated anxiously. Lucas pondered, looking around warily. Maya's sleeping body still rested in his arms, and they were beginning to grow tired.

"Alright, then...we'll take the stairs."

"What if we get trapped in there?" Riley added nervously.

"We have to pick one; elevator or stairs. We're running out of time." Lucas said hastily.

"Let's just take the elevator, it'll be faster and if we get caught we can just close the doors and keep moving." Exclaimed Zay. The group nodded, Farkle seemingly more worried about the choice- but he moved nonetheless. Lucas pulled Maya's phone out of his pocket once they had all squeezed into the elevator.

"He called at ten, it's ten fifteen now. We still have forty-five minutes to get out of here."

"Well that's good, we still have a lot of time." Said Riley, breathlessly.

"Not really. That also means we've only got that much time to get out of here and get to the school." Farkle poked his head out of the elevator and looked around quickly, before pressing the button to take them to the lobby. It began to carry them down shakily.

"Do you think that's enough time, Lucas?" The elevator jerked, and they all jumped. Lucas regained his balance and adjusted Maya in his arms, opening his mouth to speak.

"I sure as hell hope so. If we-"

"-Guys," Farkle began warily, "I think-"

"-Just a second, Farkle. If nothing messes up from here on out, I think we'll-"

"-Lucas, seriously-"

"-Be ab- what, Farkle?" Lucas turned to look at the smaller brunette boy, who's eyes were as wide as saucers.

"Why's this elevator so shaky?" Zay asked quietly.

"Someone's cutting the wires."

"What?" Riley gasped.

"Someone is cutting the wires. Lucas, open the doors!"

be there or be square (lmao)