Penelope-32

**Sorry it took so long for me to write this! I'll be glad to finish this book within the next few weeks. Enjoy!**

Part of me wished we weren't going back and the other part knew we had too. This is what we had been trained to do all along. Knowing that we could get severely hurt or exterminated didn't make me feel all that confident about going in the first place. Nevertheless I was the leader and needed to be strong even if it wasn't genuine.

Marie brushed her wing against mine in comfort. I could only imagine how hard it was for my brother and sister to be going through this. Guess I was doing a poor job of keeping us out of harms way...

"Nel?" she asked me.

"Yes sweetie?"

"We'll be alright right? I don't want to get terminated..."

"We won't fail Marie I promise. Right now we just need a plan of action so we can defeat Holster in time."

"What is our plan?" Cedric asked me from below.

"James has a few bombs that he was going to let loose, and that'll cause the Desmonda to come out and escape. That's where we come in and do a surprise attack. Sound like a plan?"

Everyone nodded and Tabitha interrupted with, "and if there's more of us... or Holster doesn't get killed?"

I hesitated, "then we make sure they're not breathing after we're done with this mission."

Brady looked at me but I avoided his gaze. Right now I didn't need to know what he thought of me. If I needed to sound harsh and cruel in order for us to do this mission right then I sure as hell was going to do it.

"Where do you want me to put them?" James asked me as we came into view of the building.

I surveyed the area and tried to see where any openings would be, "if you can activate them in time and throw them through a window... that might be a better chance of killing more at once. How many do you have?"

"Six," he replied and looked at the windows and doors with a calculating expression, "I could drop them all in a line. Like one at the entrance, some in the middle and one at the very end, but I would need each one of you to drop it too."

I looked at Marie and the others surely we could do that and then be able to kill whatever escaped, "sure, give us a bomb James."

He handed us one and flipped his over in his hands, "now this blue button will start the countdown and you'll have thirty seconds to drop it essentially. If something goes wrong and we're spotted, press this red button and it'll burst within five seconds, but only use that if necessary. We want to be able to surprise attack them from the inside."

Everyone nodded and had their thumbs ready to hit the blue button. I looked down again at the building and saw no one had come out yet... were they still in this building?

"Okay so I will go down at the entrance, then everyone else will follow about five feet away from me until we have all spread out equally along the roof."

We discreetly flew behind him and landed as quietly as we could on the roof. Brady gave me a look as if he was asking why weren't we being taken hostage by now?

I shrugged and waited for James to tell us the next instructions.

James slowly rose up a few feet and pressed his button as a beeping sounded and he got ready to throw it through the roof. We all flew up a few feet and pressed our buttons as well. Waiting...

"Ready?" he asked us.

We raised our hands and threw the bombs down through the glass part of the ceiling and pushed away as an explosion engulfed the building in flames that rose up about fifty feet in the air. Whatever James had put in those bombs must have been pretty lethal. Hopefully this meant everyone inside was dead and we wouldn't have to worry about getting killed.

There were screams as the flames licked the walls of the building in a frenzy and I thought I heard children's voices on the inside. I looked at Brady who was trying to keep a calm face.

"Please tell me there aren't kids in there," I cried and waited for someone or something to start running out of the building.

"I... I don't know," Tabitha said quietly and grew paler as the screams got louder and the building began to collapse.

"I'm going in," I said as Cedric caught my arm, "Penelope it could be a trap,"

"I can't let them die!" I cried and ran into the flames with Brady and Cedric right behind me.

**So sorry for a long update! :( I wished it hadn't taken me so long to find out what I needed to type next. I'll have another chapter up in a few days. Comment, vote, or tell your friends about this book! :) Thanks!**