Chapter 2

Emma's POV

I woke up feeling hazy and disorientated. Last night had been rough. I got no sleep worrying about the news I had to break the next day. But the day had finally arrived. I had to tell Luke.

I made myself a smoothie and waited for Luke. At 11:05am I heard a loud knock at the door. I gulped and walked up to the door. I placed my clammy hands on the door handle and opened it to see a tall ginger boy stood, smiling at me.

"Hey!" I said, forcing a smile. "Hi!" He replied pulling me in for a long hug. I eventually stepped back and allowed him to come in. He looked so happy, aimlessly wandering around my little home. His positivity only made me more nervous. It was going to be tough.

Luke sat down on my sofa and looked around. "The place has changed a bit since I was last here" he said, observing the room. "Yeah, just moved a few things" I replied, fumbling around my kitchen cupboards for some mugs. "Would you like some tea?" Luke nodded as I grabbed the tea bags and put on the kettle.

Once the tea was made, I handed a mug to Luke and sat on the chair opposite him. "So did you have any videos planned?" He asked, curiously. "Um well..." I started, looking down at my hands. "Not exactly. Is it ok if I talk to you?" He nodded and sat back in his chair. I could tell he was as nervous as I was; I didn't blame him.

"I don't think this relationship is working out" I said quietly. I looked over at Luke, and saw him biting his lip. "Oh" he mumbled. I felt so bad for him. "We haven't been talking a lot, and I think it's affecting our relationship. We're just falling apart..."

Luke nodded as tears started welling up in his eyes. "No, I know what you mean. It's fine." He muttered. A tear splashed onto his cheek and he quickly wiped it away, embarrassed. "This isn't going to affect our friendship though. You know we're still going to be best friends." I smiled at him and he gave me a weak smile in return. "Yeah" he whispered, holding back the tears. "Best friends."