5. Intermission

Life passed by normally, only with the additional milestone of having SeokJin as her husband. When news spread across the office, her colleagues couldn't be happier for her.

She doesn't know if it's just for show, but kept a genuine smile in the end.

The first person she wanted to talk to was NamJoon.

After being gifted with cakes and congratulatory cards, MinYoung stormed up to the man she wanted to talk to. He is sitting alone at his desk, oblivious to the incoming figure.

The man himself was purposely clueless about the situation. He is working on a task that was already completed, yet took his time to fix the errors that the intern has made. With MinYoung standing behind him with crossed arms, she stares at his screen.

"NamJoon, you have some explaining to do," she remarks.

He turns around with a curved smile, crescent eyes, and sunken dimples, and claps, "Congratulations on your marriage, Mrs. Kim. I wish the best and long-living life for you two,"

"That's not the point!" she blurts out.

NamJoon merely shrugs his shoulders, whilst sticking a mockery tongue out. He continues with his work on the monitor, ignoring the obvious loud cheers from the other room as if they were watching football matches.

"Aren't you happy that you've met a handsome man who has achieved so much in his prime time? You can just retire by now and forget about working here," he remarks.

MinYoung pulls the nearest chair and tugs on his rear seat.

"As I said, that's not the point. How come you've never told me you knew him?"

She listens to his incessant tapping on the keyboard, although it sounded satisfying to her ears. She could listen to the repetitive sound of one noise without ever getting bored.

"Was I supposed to include that when I introduced myself?" he counters.

MinYoung releases a groan, "Of course not, but, ugh,"

NamJoon saves the file before sending it to his supervisor. He turns around to face the defeated lass and crosses his leg over the other. It felt like seeking therapy with a sassy therapist.

"Look, MinYoung, why are you stressing so much about brother SeokJin? He's a good person, I can vouch for him,"

"Yeah, but the thing is I don't understand why he decided on me aside from anyone else. I'm just a simple employee who wants to live simply without aiming for ambitious goals. SeokJin, on the other hand, is of a different world,"

NamJoon could only grin, his deep dimples displayed endearingly. He opens his mouth, only to clamp it shut. He crosses his arms, his gaze traveling from one object to another.

"I can't judge on behalf of brother SeokJin on that matter. You have to ask him yourself, but you have to be confident of your own strengths. Don't just look at your flaws. We all have flaws because it's part of a human being," he explains.

MinYoung takes his words into consideration. Usually, to her knowledge, when two people meet, it's because of an incidental event. One might accidentally brush his shoulders on hers before striking up a conversation, or the latter might just find something incredulous about him.

In her case, however, was more than just abrupt.

"Are you just worrying because it's so sudden, or is it because of another reason? Brother SeokJin said you two were childhood friends before,"

"Yeah, but that was a long time ago. I couldn't remember much and my father hadn't spoken about him,"

NamJoon twirls the pen in between his fingers. Most of the other colleagues have gone for their lunch break. MinYoung felt full from one whole slice of cake.