Chapter 2

The wolves,out of the snow, pound along the forest floors. Cheaking on one another evey so often making sure the others okay.

Love burning through each look as the encourage the other. Neither male or female is stronger, the two wovles are equal.

Hoeling. That is how they communicate whrn they run. Onr to the other, asking if they are olay, amd how close they are to theit home. Home.  It's what they cravr. It's what they need. It's they lost and now want back. They miss their old lives where things were beginning to fall into place. Where tbe other one knew that the other other loved them.

(Shannon pov)

I watch as Ceri amd Gerwyn wolf doen their meals. Jana looks at them with disbrlif amd mouthes sorry across the table at me and Tom.

Flicking back memories begin to surface of convosationd arou d this table with Maddy, Rhydian and the Smith's. Like whrn Rhydian came back. How you could cut the tension with a knife. Or when Jana becamr leader of the the pack and brough Ceri to parents eveing, the confronation between the wolfbloods, amd Maddy showing her alpha and controlling the situation. Or ehrn she made up with Rhdian, whoch easn't exactly around the table but close enough.

The covosation begins to floe. School, food, full moon, dark moon. And yet it can't flow because we all know vital people of the pack are missing, Maddy and Rhydian. A sad smile falls on my face, we haven't heard from thrm in a fee months and we don't know if they arr alright. The last we heard is that school had just finished for them and they had no idea what to do with themselves.

Tom must of seen my face as I feel hos hand rub along my knee. Turing my face towars him a small smile on his face cannot hide the concern in this eyes. Giving a small nod he looks back at the table ready to join in the convsation.