Chapter 4 "Some Changes"

Candy and Terry finally arrived in Chicago. They took a cab to a hotel close to the hospital.

- This way it won't take me long to get to you.

- I'll come and pick you up Freckles and we can walk together to our hotel

- All right. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow, so we have today to ourselves!

- You want to order room service or go downstairs to eat?

- Let's go downstairs to eat, this time

- All right

They went to the restaurant to eat, and then they went for a walk by the river. They met...

- Terrence!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Said a voice hugging him while pushing Candy away, who almost fell

Candy would've been mad if the scene wasn't so funny! She looked at her husband with a mocking smile. Neil, who was with his sister, was sulking.

- What are you doing with that loser? He asked Candy

- I don't see myself with you, said Candy

- You little tr...

Terry was freeing himself from Eliza and said:

- Don't you dare call my wife names if you don't want to get my fist on your nose!

Neil and Eliza were flabbergasted!

- WHAT?????!!!!! They both said

- You heard me! Said Terry taking Candy's hand, so if any of you call her names or so much as look at her the wrong way, you're going to answer to me!

- But Terrence...

Terry took Candy's hand and they left, without a look behind. When they got far enough from the evil Reagans, Candy stopped him.

- Honey, stop...

- What is it Freckles?

- I've never seen anyone defend me like that and see it actually works! For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm not alone anymore, I have someone to protect me, I've got you in my life and I feel complete. Thank you, thank you Terry for being there for me. You protected me in St. Paul's, when you left Neil took advantage of your absence to attack me with his friends

- What?? Why didn't you tell me before? I would've...

- I couldn't stay there without you, half of myself left with you...What I'm trying to say is, I love you Terry and thank you for being here for me.

She hugged him hard.

- Candy, I will always be there for you from now on, you're not alone anymore...

- Oh Terry...

- Would you mind if I kiss you in public?

- What public, you're the only person I see here...

Terry smiled and took her lips in a soft, deep, long kiss. They were indeed the only two people in the world, they were together and nothing else mattered.

Eliza and Neil passed with their car and saw them. Eliza was crying of rage.

- Would you stop whining already! He's a loser

- You're the loser!

- If you don't want me to kick you out of my car, you shut your mouth sis!

Eliza screamed of rage and Neil was screaming louder. Everybody was looking at them except for Candy and Terry who couldn't even hear them. They went back to their hotel and they expressed their love for each other.