Chapter 1 "The Aftermath"

Start from the beginning

The patient had finally spoken.

- What? Said Candy coming back.

- Charlie, don't you remember me? We met when you just came from England.

- Oh yes! I remember now! What on earth are you doing usurping Terry's identity?

- I was trying to get away from the police. Yes, my bad boy life caught up with me the police are looking for me. So I jumped off the train where Terry and his troupe were ... I told the people who rescue me that my name was Terrence Grandchester... don't say anything...

- I won't but they're going to find out you're not Terry sooner or later.

- I just need a little time to get on my feet, I want to enroll in the army to redeem myself...

- I won't say anything... but.

The door opened and Eliza came in to take care of "Terry" and she threw Candy out of the room...

- Terry, I'll take care of you, you're going to be fine, said Eliza...

Candy wanted to laugh but Eliza deserved to be lied to... Then the whole debacle with Eliza and Neil happened. Eliza found out it was not Terry and turn Charlie in to the police. Then she wanted Candy to pay for the hospital bill, and then Neil wanted that money...

"What am I going to do?" Thought Candy.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry was still on tour when a reporter tracked him down to ask him what he thought about someone using his identity.

- So Charlie Sanders is passing himself off as me? Said Terry.

- Yes...

- Tell me everything you know, said Terry.

The reporter told him and Terry listened. When the reporter was gone, Terry wrote a check and sent it to the hospital to cover the fees of his friend's stay...

The hospital got the check and Candy was called to the office.

- Miss Andrew you don't need to worry about Mr. Sanders' bill, there was a checks sent to cover it...

- What? Who sent the check?

- Ironically enough, the real Terrence Grandchester sent the check...

- Terry?

- Yes... here is the rest of the money; I thought you should have it.

- Thank you, said Candy.

She went out of the office to go see Charlie to tell him the good news, but the police had come to take him away because he was well enough. He went to a juvenile centre.

Time passed and Candy had no news from Terry. She read in the papers that the troupe was back after a successful tour across America.

oOoOoOoOoOo

At the theatre in New York, Susanna Marlowe was passing by when one of the workers called her.

- Miss Marlowe...

- Yes...

- Have you seen Terrence?

- Yes, he's on the roof...

- Can you give him this letter when he comes back down?

- Of course, said Susanna.