Let the games begin

Start from the beginning

As I said that I glared at puddin' as I mind speak to him "Just give him the acknowledgement he's looking for so we can get this over with. Oh and I sorta changed plans I thought I wanted to mess with them more but this is all getting old. I just want to get everything out in the open so we can have fun. Please puddin"

Puddin' looked straight at me and smirked. "Puddin'? We really need to talk about your choice of nicknames Ms. Sang." He turned his attention back to Victor and nodded his head slightly.

Victor looked at me and smugly said, "I'm a flamer same as you. We saw you in the restaurant remember? Or was it not you who caused the napkin to burst into flames?"  I knew he would challenge me so I just shrugged my shoulders and threw a small fire ball at him. I did it in such a way that it didn't catch him unaware.

"I'm sorry I'm getting more frustrated with this game than I thought I would. I already know what all your abilities are, when it's my turn I will explain. So let's just skip over everyone to Jess." I glared at Kota knowing he would be the one to object.

"Why would we skip to her shouldn't we be skipping over her?" I know he would never say anything to maliciously hurt his sister but I know it did.

"Ok, Mr. Know-it-all  since you know everything listen to me carefully and tell me I'm not telling the truth to you. Jess just got her ability. Now am I lying to you?" I glared at him openly hostile now. No one hurts my friends. He shakes his head with awe and surprise on his face.

"Gabe, you have the ability to change things about other people right? Can you change something on Luke for me? It can be anything as long as it is noticeable." I turned toward him with pleading eyes.

"Of course, not a problem. What does this have anything to do with Jess getting her ability though."  Everyone but Jess could see the change. Luke actually looked pretty good with the dark brown hair that he now had. I blinked my eyes and back to blond.

"Ok, now I want a show of hands to tell me how many of you can see a change in Luke." Everyone but Jess and I raised their hands.  Kota was giving me an odd look.

"It's called true seeing. She will never see anything that's not there and see it as it truly is. That means no illusions or ability that affects vision will work on her. It also means if you try to hide anything your face is gonna tell her you're up to no good or even your feelings if they are strong and you are trying to hide them. Just warning you guys." That last part was directed toward Kota.

His eyes were still huge but this time he was looking at Jess. His eyes glistened with so much love and pride in his gaze that it was bringing tears to mine.

I was able to recollect myself in the time it took for everyone to congratulate Jess and show her the love she so deserved. I could do this.

Erik grabbed my hand and smiled at me weakly, he could sense the apprehension. "It's ok baby bear, just remember if they don't take this well I can always make them forget. I will never let anyone ever hurt you again."

There went my composure, I thought as fresh tears start to fall from my face. I wasn't thinking about anyone else in the room as I crawled into Erik's lap and curled into myself letting his body shield me from the world. It was something I hadn't done in years but so familiar to us that it felt like second nature.

This however caught the attention of every set of male eyes in the room. A chorus of protesting and grumbling could be heard but I still kept my head tucked into Erik's neck not willing to be torn from my safe place yet.

"What the fucking hell? Why is this causing you to fucking want to hide from us? It's not like we are going to hurt you." I heard but couldn't really tell who it was that said it. I'm still not 100% familiar with distinguishing the boys voices yet. I think it may have been either North or Gabe since it sounds like something they would say. Gabe could always tell me in my mind so maybe it was North. I was tempted to peek out and see if I was right but just couldn't do it.

I felt my side start to rumble from the growl that emitted from Erik. "You guys don't know shit about us. Trust me there is more than enough reasons for her to be scared of you. (He lowered his voice) Are you up to revealing your abilities or do you need me to use mine? I can make it all go away. May need a boost after but can fix this."

I lifted my head to look Erik in the eye. I don't think I would have lasted as long as I did without him. I felt his strength seep into my arms and chest as I turned my head to see 10 sets of curious eyes staring back at me.

I nod my head and try to make my voice as strong as I could. "I can do this papa bear but will let you know." I turn around and sit with my bottom in the hole his crossed legs created. My legs covered his feet, my back against his chest where I knew if things got too much I could lean back into his warmth and he could protect me from it all. It was an intimate position but not in an awkward way. It was a form of protection and sheltering me. The guys didn't seem to like it but I didn't care.

Puddin cleared his throat and motioned for me to continue. "Ok this is hard for me only one person knows the the full extent of my abilities and it's really scary to fully trust people. What would you like me to show you?"

Kota was still speechless at first, "So you have more than one ability?" I nodded my head. "Do you have more than two abilities?" I nodded my head again but looking down at the floor. "How many do you have sweetheart?"

Erik growled at the sweetheart but it caused me to smile and start to relax. I then knew it didn't matter what I said Erik had my back as usual.

"I am more powerful than all of you combined. Or do you want specific abilities?" With each word my strength and resolve increased.

"What do you mean stronger than all of us combined, you don't realize it but we have multiple abilities. How can you be stronger than all of us?" Kota looked like he was confused. I didn't look around at everyone else. I focused on him so I could continue because I knew I would chicken out.

"Easy my main ability is a form of mimicry. As soon as I come in contact with a new ability it becomes a part of me. I am ever changing I may have new abilities tomorrow I don't know. Once I assimilate an ability it is always a part of me. The only ability I can't have is Erik's but that's ok because I'm immune to it so I guess it balances out."

I waited for all hell to break loose but for once the guys didn't do what I expected them to.

~~~~~~~

I'm sorry this took so long. I will be updating regularly now. Since I left you in a cliffhanger I will have another update with the boys reactions and Erik's response within the next few days after that I'm trying a new update schedule that I hope I can keep. I'm going to be updating every other Sunday at the latest. On the week I'm not updating here I will be updating in Playing with the boys.  I am also trying to update my originals which is why there will be slow updates but I'm hoping if I don't try to concentrate on one story it will keep my mind from hitting any walls. Thank you too all who have put up with my delays and inconsistency. Love y'all

♡ B