01: Andromeda

A handsome ginger tom pads out onto the stage, smiling brightly at the small crowd gathered below. 

Brick gave a slight bow, adjusting the velvet bow-tie that was looped around his neck. "Hello, hello!" he shouted to the crowd. "Welcome to Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars! I am your very fabulous host, Brick!" He tossed a pendant into the crowd; a small gray tom caught it.

He gestures toward a screen that is descending behind him.

"Here, we have our very first presentation. But, you can't teach a lesson without an instructor! She-cats and toms, put your paws together for Drizzlefur!" 

A nervous-looking black tom with white splotches on his coat pokes his head out from the side-stage. Brick beckons him with his tail, and almost reluctantly, Drizzlefur pads onto the stage. 

Drizzlefur gulped as Brick walked off to give him the stage. "Hello," he meowed, voice shaking slightly. "I am Drizzlefur, t—the lead astronomer at Purr University. I was sent here to teach you all about my—my favorite Greek constellation."

The audience quiets as he steps to the side; an image fades onto the projector.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"This is Andromeda. It is—best viewed in the northern hemisphere in the autumn. In the southern hemisphere, it can be viewed sparsely in the spring." 

Swallowing, Drizzlefur clicks a button on the small remote in his hands. 

"Andromeda, in Greek mythology, is the daughter of Cassiopeia and Cepheus. She was chained and left for Cetus, a mythical sea monster, to eat."

"Perseus saved her

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Perseus saved her. She had been sacrificed to Cetus so that the monster would stop destroying the land with powerful waves and attacks."

Drizzlefur chuckles nervously, seeming very out of place.

"Cetus had been sent by an angered Poseidon, the god of the sea. Poseidon was mad b—because Cassiopeia, Andromeda's mother, had been boasting about how she was beautiful than the nymphs, which were Poseidon's."

Drizzlefur takes a slight bow and steps back awkwardly.

⌁ Brought to you by Rio! ⌁

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Starsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें