Chapter 1: Ruined Da(te)y?

"Gray-sama?" Juvia asked one more time; snapping Gray back to reality. He was in deep thoughts until Juvia annoyed him again. "Juvia wanted Gray-sama to try on Juvia's handmade cheesecake" she said as she gave him a warm smile. Gray didn't want to make Juvia cry so he better take a bite on it.

   It was good so Gray finished it, making Juvia happy. He got up and thanked her before he walked out of guild. Juvia was cheering up happily knowing Gray likes her handmade cake but what bothering her is, Gray looks so different. He's cold. Well, he is cold, but he's colder than usual.

   Gray started walking; he feel numb. Didn't know where to go. Someone tapped on his shoulder making him a little bit surprised but he turned around anyways. Turning around, he saw a blonde female figure standing in front of her. "Gray, hey, what are you doing out here? Going somewhere? Are you taking on a job alone?" She asked curiously.

   After seeing Lucy, the numb that have been crawling inside his mind went away somehow. He knew the reason why. He's in love with Lucy. But he keep it as a secret. Even Erza or Mira didn't know about his little crush towards Lucy. They might surprised as hell if they knew about it. I thought you liked Juvia or I thought you will ended up with Juvia are their answers if Gray told them about this.

   "Ah, no" he answered Lucy's question quickly soon as he snapped back to reality. Lucy raised one eyebrow confused about his answer. "Then, where are you going?" She asked questioning about Gray's destination. "Uh, I don't know" he answered quickly. Then, he realize that Lucy was alone. Natsu was nowhere to be seen and this is his chance to hangout with her. But before Gray could said something, Lucy suddenly spoke up.

   "How about going to a cake shop with me? I'm hungry" she said as she rubbed her tummy. It's adorable how she did it. Gray smirked a bit as he nodded. Lucy exclaimed happily soon as he heard Gray's answer. She grabbed his hand and ran towards a cake shop near by. Gray could feel his cheek warmed up. Lucy probably didn't notice this since her eyes are locked on the street.

   They finally arrived at the cake shop. But before they walked into the cake shop, someone calling out their names. Turning around, Gray's eyes widened in shock as he cursed the person under his breath while Lucy's eyes brighten up. "Natsu!" She greeted the pink haired boy. "Oi, Lucy, Gray, what are two doing here?" He asked as he waved towards the Ice Mage and the Celestial Mage. "Eh? Are you two are dating?" Snapped Happy who is now floating between Gray and Lucy.

   "We're not. We met in coincidence and then Lucy asked me to go to this cake shop because she was hungry" said Gray as he sighed. The truth is, he really think that this was a date between him and Lucy until this stupid flame ass showed up along with his blue flying cat. Natsu raised one eyebrow as he rubbed the back of his neck. "What is dating?"

   Gray, Lucy, and Happy couldn't believe what they just heard. Is this even real the fact that Natsu didn't know what is a date? "We're going to explain it to you later, Natsu. We've been standing in front of the cake shop's door for five minutes" Gray snapped at the pink haired boy. Gray wanted so badly to call him Flame Ass but if he did, he knew that they would create so much destruction on this cake shop and then ruin Lucy's day.

   Once they stepped in, they quickly ordered some cakes. Gray just had a cake from Juvia so he just ordered a tea while Natsu ordered a banana float since there's some dessert on the menu and Lucy ordered a strawberry cheesecake. "So, when you guys will explain the meaning of dating?" He asked as he leaned on the chair.

   "Two people fall in love could be called dating or a couple is after one of them asked the other one to go on date and he/she said yes" explained Happy as he crossed his arms around his tiny chest. Natsu nodded slowly; that means he's understand which is good so Happy or Gray or Lucy didn't have to explain furthermore.

   A couple of minutes later, their dessert came. Natsu was a little bit surprised when his banana float arrived. It was covered by chocolate syrup and ice creams around it. Not forgetting a whipped cream and a cherry on top of it. "I thought that this banana can float" he said in disappointment. Gray, Lucy, and Happy exchanged look before they smiled uneasily.

   "Love rival was the one who asked Gray-sama to come along with her and now love rival is sitting next to Gray-sama" said Juvia who have been sneaking Gray this whole time. She took a peek between the windows to see how the four of them were doing. Juvia can see they were laughing and having fun in there.

   She turned around, close her eyes and sighed. I can do this. She said those words over and over in her head. She smiled brightly soon as she stepped into the cake shop. "Ah! Gray-sama! What are you doing here with Natsu-san, Happy, and love rival?" She asked and immediately tilted her head over Lucy as she said the word 'love rival'

   Great. Another nuisance. At least that's what Gray was thinking. He sighed as he glared at the Water Mage. "What are you doing here?" He asked the same question. "Juvia is hungry. Besides since the four of you are here, may Juvia join?" She asked as her eyes suddenly brighten up. Gray couldn't do anything about this. He knew if he said no, there would be a great disaster. "Fine" he answered.

   Juvia asked Lucy to move beside Natsu. Well, Lucy understand that since Juvia have a big crush on Gray. She didn't want to make Juvia angry so, she just move beside Natsu who is focusing on finishing his banana float. She take the moment to gaze upon her friends. She smiled happily seeing them. Natsu and Happy with their usual dummy personalities while Juvia is so clingy with Gray and Gray just annoyed about it but he shrug it off anyways.

   "Lucy? Is everything okay?" Asked Gray; he raised one eyebrow. Seeing Lucy smiled happily like that with no particular reason is creepy. "Yes, everything is just fine" she answered as she wear a big and warm smile on her face.

   Gray's day or at least date was ruined but since Lucy put her usual warm smile towards him, he suddenly felt calm. His eyes won't stop looking at her and her mouth just won't stop smiling because of Lucy.

[end of chapter one]