Chapter 16

Jeremy:

Jeremy and Zach quickly carried Mackenzie into the band room. The blast from the explosion earlier left her bruised and bloody. They rested her unconscious body on a table. Jeremy was about to help Mackenzie, when Brea called him over, her tone serious.

She stepped aside to show Jeremy the dimly lit screen of the television. Jeremy felt his heart drop as he read the small words along the screen. In white subtitles, "Bomb Droppings"

Some official was speaking of scheduled droppings, to eradicate as much of the monsters as possible. Jeremy collapsed on the chair. He felt his pulse quicken and his eyes began to water. They first place on the list was their zone of the island.

Why would they do something like this? They're going to hurt so much people... Tears began to fall from Jeremy's eyes. They can't do this, He thought to himself, slamming his fist on the table making Brea jump next to him. This wasn't legal! But then again, do laws even matter anymore.

Jeremy looked around the room at all his friends. Josh and Zach managed to patch up all of Mackenzie's wounds. However, she remained unconscious on the table. Teah slept in the corner, curled up in a ball next to the air conditioning vent. She seemed so peaceful in her sleep, so unlike her moody awake self.

Bronson and Oshea slept on the opposite side of the room, Bronson's face was filled with so much emotions. One second he looked as is he were flying and the next, darkness covered his face.

All of his friend's efforts were all in vain. In a few hours, they would all be smashed to nothing. He shook his head, This was not how they would spend their last night. Jeremy would make sure that they had a peaceful nights sleep. he got up and shut off the television. He turned to Brea and gave her a stern look, "Don't tell the others. I want everyone to go to sleep tonight at peace."

She hesitated but nodded, "Ok..."

He nodded and went to the only place he could clear his mind, The Roof.

***

Jeremy didn't know how long he had been on the roof. He lost track after the first hour. He sat on the roof, overlooking the land. The military was about to drop the bombs anytime soon. The others must've been deep in their dreams by now.

Jeremy wiped his tear stain cheeks. They survived for the past days only to find out it was all for nothing. He slammed his fist on the roof and sobbed into his hands. What could he do? He was nothing. He looked up at the dark gloomy sky. In the distance, he could hear the rumble of jets. It was time.

He stood up and watched as the jets emerged in the distance. He saw them drop things from the bottom of the jets. As he landed he held his breath, waiting for an explosion. But as they hit the ground, no explosion came.

The onky indication of anything landing there were giant plumes of smoke.

The Smoke bombs were landing closer and one landed in the small canal next to the band room. In seconds, Jeremy's vision was clouded by smoke. His nose was filled with a chemically smell, much like sulfur.

He coughed and staggered backwards, leaning against the electrical box. He groaned and covered his mouth and nose with his shirt.

Jeremy was confused. These were supoosed to explode and kill them, but alk they did was cover him in smoke.

Maybe this smoke was supposed to kill those monsters, Jeremy thought to himself. He felt himself and his insides were full of joy.

This means they still had a chance. Tears of joy began to fill his eyes. He wiped them away and looked up at the sky and thanked anyone who was listening and watching over them.