Chapter 1

Jeremy:

As he opened his eyes to another beautiful day in paradise, Jeremy smiled. "Today," he said to himself. "Today feels like a good day."

For most of his life, Jeremy lived in Hawaii. And for your information. It gets old, really quick. He had dark wavy hair, hazel eyes and tannish-brown skin.

He looked out of his partially open window at the pouring rain. The distant roar of thunder rolling in the distance. It hardly ever rains in Hawaii, he thought to himself.

He looked up at the ceiling. Usually rain bought sadness and depression with it. But to Jeremy, it bought the hope of something new. New experiences, and new friends.

Most of the times that it rained, good things happened. Like when he was six and it rain on his birthday party. He was so saddened but was happy when his mom moved the party to a local arcade.

Or when he was eleven and it rained at his fifth grade dance. After dancing with all his might, the teachers treated them to a water day outside.

With new thoughts of possibility flooding his head, he hoped out of bed, grabbed his towel and dashed to the bathroom. He eyed himself in the mirror. He had a terrible case of bedhead, his eyes were baggy and he could use a shave. So after his shower, he styled his hair the normal way, shaved and the cold shower got rid of his baggy eyes.

After a quick breakfast consisting of nothing, he was out of the house and on his way to hell... Er, school.

***

"Jeremiah!" Oshea yelled from theyre table in the cafeteria. "Your late! It's a really good breakfast today."

"That's cool," he said as he sat down. "Where are the others?"

"Nachelle and Rose went to the library. I don't know where KC went." Oshea said as she tossed her milk chocolate hair behind her shoulders.

"Makes sense," Jeremy said as he slid off his bag. He took a seat across of Oshea and bought out his bagel.

"Oh Jeremy!" Oshea shouted. "Did you hear?"

"About what?" he answered, slathering cream cheese along the top of his crusty bagel.

"We have beef stew for lunch?" she said, shaking her head slighty.

He smiled. "I know Oshea. That's my favorite."

She laughed loudly. "Oh that's right. I forgot. Oh that reminds me, we should really head to the band room after this, I miss the fam. And i gotta talk to Hoku about the trip."

"Sure, I actually needed to talk to Vicky about something. Is she there?"

Oshea checked her phone. "Huh... I don't know. My phones acting dumb again. I can't get a signal. Dumb phone." She hit the side of it and raised it up, in hopes of getting a signal.

"What do you mean?" he asked as he checked his phone. He didn't seem to have any signal either. "Weird..."

"It must be the rain. You know how it is. We should check the band room for Vicky. Who knows," she shrugged. "Maybe your bae is there." She hip bumped Jeremy.

Jeremy laughed and rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

***

They left the cafeteria and headed to the band room. The rain was pouring on the sidewalks of their high school and in the distance, the steady roar of the ocean waves pounded against the shore.

Most high schools in Hawaii weren't all in one building. They were spread apart in smaller buildings. So one class could be on the other side of campus. Sucks right?

As they passed B building, Jeremy walked straight into someone and tumbled down. "Hey sorry man." Jeremy said while laughing.

"That wasn't funny you- Oh fuck." Brea-lynn brushed her hair out of her face. "Jeremy you jerk!"

Jeremy grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "Sorry cous..."

Brea-lynn dusted herself off. She had long dark hair similar to Jeremy's. She had skin a few shades dark than Jeremy's and she loved to where black leggings. Today she wore a red flannel shirt with her leggings.

Jeremy dusted his Captain America jacket and jeans and calmed down. "Wait.... What are you doing here? Aren't you home schooled?"

Brea smiled and shifted to her other leg. "Yeah, but me and Bronson need to talk to Hoku about something."

"Oh cool! Is Bronson here?" Oshea asked.

"He's in the band room," she nodded to the door. For about a year now, Brealynn and her brother Bronson have been helping Jeremy's high school band. Being homeschooled, they were able to join and help. So after school days they would come in and practice.

"Alright," Jeremy smiled. "Is Vicky in there?"

Brea shook her head. "She said she wasn't coming in today. She felt under the weather."

Oshea shrugged. "That moose knuckle."

They all laughed and that's when they heard the first scream.