Lost Love

Lost Love - Part 1.

--

Have you ever loved someone so much, it hurt ? to the point where everyone else around you is invisible, and they're the only one you can see? All your time, your life, your work.. devoted to them? Yes, it hurts that bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cole stared unblinkingly at the slow, ticking clock anticipated to get out of class. Time seemed to be going slower than usual. Turning my head, to the direction of the crispy shining sun-- I gaze at Aisling, a rather tall, but inevitably beautiful girl, whom everyone would kill to date.

BRINGGGGGGGG! BRINGGGGGGG!

As the bell continued to ring, a stampede ensues, loud desk move.. chairs being slammed, girls and boys picking up their bags-- happy to know that this is last period, and this is the last day of school. As I attempt to get up, I feel a light tap on my shoulder.

"Yo, Cole! You comin' to that party tonight right? there's gonna be so many hotties there! You gotta come!" My best friend, Luke said, excitingly. Luke's been my best friend since elementary school. He's known around here as the 'ladies man', honestly.. every time I see him he's with a new girl.

"Yeah man, i'll be there" Luke and I continued to talk as we walked out of the tight airless classroom. Finally! it was the last day of High School. Despite, not being excepted to any of my college choices, this has been a great year.. All except, the fact that I have not dated.. at all.

BANG!

I crash into someone, my books- and theirs go flying. "Oh! I'm so sorry! I'm really clumsy" I look up, to see Aisling Ventura. She glares at me hard, her blue eyes seem to go deep into my soul. I was speechless, words refused to form.

I quickly pick up my books-- and grab one of Aisling's, purposely.

"Oh, no.. it's my fault- I should be more careful" I smile. Aisling giggles. My heart's never pounded this hard for any girl before. I quickly stand up and stuff my books in my backpack.

"Um, are you going to that party?" I stutter, trying to start conversation. Aisling nods, then quickly walks away as she catches up with her other friends.

"C'mon bro" Luke grabs my arms, and pulls me down the hall. As I look back, I see her-- looking back also.