Chapter 4

I have one question for them.

How have they not noticed me yet?

I'm soaking wet, dripping water everywhere and they're just singing. This is going to be a long night.

These songs make it beyond worth it though. It's so humorous, how just yesterday I was listening to this song on the television and now I'm going to hear it in person!

He helps Christine out of the gondola.

"Night time sharpens heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination. Silently the senses, abandon their defenses...... Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendor. Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender. Turn your face away from the garish light of day. Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light. And listen to the Music of the Night. Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams! Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before!"

My knees are going weak and I'm getting shivers this is so amazing! I'm practically in love!

"Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar!"

Sheesh, I feel like I'm soaring!

"And you'll live, as you've never lived, before....... Slowly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, secretly possess you. Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind."

I have never been so relaxed, ready to collapse.

"In this darkness which you know you cannot fight. The darkness of the music of the night. Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world! Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before! Let your soul take you where you long to be! Only then, can you belong, to me........"

As Erik sings I move along the shadows through his lair. I pass a desk covered in drawings of Christine. I would normally find it creepy that he has drawn her, but they're so detailed and amazing I can't help but gape at them for a few minutes.

Then I move along to catch a glimpse of his little stage with Christine in her white dress in front. I jump back further into the shadows as he starts to sing again with Christine in his arms.

"Floating, falling, sweet intoxication, touch me, trust me, savor each sensation. Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in, to the power of the music that I write."

He starts to lead her to his life like mannequin of her in the wedding dress. So I follow as well.

"The power of the music of the night......"

And he shows her......... She gasps and faints. Nothing new. He picks her up and heads to the swan bed and sets her down.

He then sang "You alone can make my song take flight.........Help me make the music of the night........."

He lowers the curtain and returns to his organ and continues to work on his opera, Don Juan Triumphant. So I sit there. For a few minutes, then I get bored so I slide my way over to the room Christine is in. I slowly step out while singing. Walking towards the organ. And the Phantom.

"I remember there was mist. Swirling mist upon a vast, glassy lake. There were candles all around, and in the lake there was a boat. And in the boat there was a man. Who was that shape in the shadows? Who is the face in the mask?"

I'm behind him now and I rip off his mask because I wanted to see it in person. He throws me down.

"Damn you! You little prying Pandora! You little demon! Is this what you wanted to see!?" He shouted moving across the room to the mirror which was covered in a sheet. He ripped it off and looked at himself, then put his hand up to his deformed face and turned to face me.

To be honest I was terrified. The way he looked at me. The anger, fear, frustration........the sadness. He looked like he wanted to kill me right then and there.

And at that very moment I regretted putting on the mask. Coming here. And now I don't know if I'll ever make it back. He also gave me a look of confusion because he didn't know me and how I got down here.

"Curse you! You little lying Delilah! You little viper! Now you can never be free! Damn you! Curse you!"

His rage started to settle.

"Stranger than you dreamt it, can you even dare to look, or bear to think of me: this loathsome gargoyle, who burns in Hell, but secretly yearns for Heaven, secretly, secretly....... Oh Chris-"

He stops and looks at me finally realizing I'm not Christine. I handed him his mask quickly and silently, then squirm around getting up to my feet with no grace whatsoever.

He grabbed his sword and I instinctively grabbed the nearest thing which also so happened to be a sword. This will be interesting.

"Who are you? And how did you get here without my knowing it?" He seethed hitting his sword against mine.

"Oh now you notice me!" I giggle, "I'm Taylor, the Vicomte's little sister, a new ballerina. And I snuck in while you and Christine were singing." I winked at the end striking his sword harder. I can fight as good as Raoul! I guess I can fight as good as her lover.

"I also sung her high notes." I added smirking.

"You're the insolent boy's sister?!" He shouts getting angry.

"Of course." I respond bowing missing his strike towards my chest.

"HOW DARE YOU COME DOWN AND INVADE MY LIFE!" He shouted starting a full on sword fight down in his lair. While Christine is sleeping might I add.

"But then again, at least I haven't tricked Christine for 10 years!" I retort not thinking about what I was saying. As soon as I said it I realized what I said and my eyes grow wide.

"WHAT? HOW DO YOU KNOW?" He shouted.

"Not telling" I said in a singsong voice.

"I DEMAND YOU TO TELL ME" he shouted trapping me in a corner.

"I-uh-Christine told me" I spit out.

He released me, glaring at me.

"I still have a weapon." I told him smirking.

"As do I, ballet rat." He retorted.