BioHazard

CHAPTER NINETEEN-

YOU’RE ALIVE?

    Josh looks down at his bloody leg. His pulse slowing. Nick wraps his bandana from around his head and quickly ties it around Josh’s crimson colored pant leg.

    “Jerry what’s going on who was that boy?” Victoria asks.

    “Victoria you know who it was.. He’s the guy that wrote the letter. Paul.. Remember you bumped into him on your way into the infirmary room?” Jerry answers shrugging and resting his hands on his head.

    “Oh yeah..” Victoria frowns, putting her head down and letting her poofy hair fall forward.

    “Too bad so sad..” Gertrude smiles.

    “BUTT OUT GERTRUDE YOU FRICKING SNOBBY UGH YOU MAKE ME WANT TO MESS YOU UP SO BAD SO SHUT THE HECK UP!” Jerry screams, Punching Gertrude’s stomach. She groans and smacks him. He then aims the gun at her, “Woah son.. Take it easy with that thing.. And little miss samurai.. I wouldn’t lay my hands on my son again like that if I were you.” Journey makes a twisted smile.

    “What are you going to do.. Hit me?” Victoria cackles and walks over to Trinity.

    “So who’s dead..?” Clementine asks.

    “Really though… who is dead. The people I saw was Tess..” Jade looks down.

    “The people who I know are dead are Tess, Ernie, Garrett,.. Mom, Janice, Paul and that’s about it..” Jerry adds, letting a stray tear down his face.

    “WOAH wait.. Garrett’s dead..?” Gertrude cries and shrieks.

    “Yeah.. He was bit by a walker Mom… he sacrificed himself for me. WAIT… Where’s Sabrina?” Victoria’s mouth agape.

    “I’m right here guys..” Sabrina frowns, guts all over her and her hair.

    “HEY SABA!” Jerry smiles, “Look what the cat dragged in.”

    “Not funny.” Sabrina finches. “Where’s Ernie?”

    “He died..” Jade adds.

    “Whoa… wait what?” Sabrina adds.

    “Jerry?” A teens familiar voice says, Jerry turns around and Jade smiles but has a confused look on her face. So does he when he sees the person standing in front of him, Looking as good as he used to and still has the same swoopy hair and hazel eyes. It’s Paul. The whole group turns to look at the boy.

    “This is the guy we found dead…” Gertrude breaks the silence. “Who the hell are you.. Why does this lunatic want to see you so badly?”

    “Babble on Gertrude like you can be talking with your dirty self. And he was the nurse at the infirmary before the town went down. He gave me a note so shut up. And I want answers about the fricking “infantation” stuff.” Jerry glares at Paul with his arms crossed.

    “I’ll tell you when we get out of this place in private.. Nobody else can know.. Especially if you’re not one of them.” Paul chuckles and pats his feet on the tar. Then swoops his hair.

    “So where are we going to go?” Victoria replies.

    “Away.” Journey answers, “How should we know!”

    “I don’t know.. But just give me a break I don’t know any more than you I just want answers on how this spread so quickly! And how it got into the town! And to think this place was safe for a minute… this is what tells me not to trust any place because it could always be ruined just like this one.” Victoria implies biting her blue nail and then applying lip gloss.

    “DAUGHTER… You’re applying lip-gloss at the moment we need to get out of here.” Gertrude scolds pointing her finger.

    “THEN WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR YOU IDIOTS!” Regina shoots her gun at a walker.

Josh blushes, “Dreamy.”

    “Psh. Nice try homie. But.. Just no.” Victoria pats Josh’s head and walks over to Jerry and Paul.

    “Come on now!” Sabrina runs out of the Little Paradise boundaries. The group follows as when there feet fall the dust around them rises.

    “CAN I JOIN!” A husband and his wife look helplessly at the group.

    “Oh come on..” Journey replies motioning them to the newly formed group.

Jerry smiles and shoots a walker. “No time for introductions so just let’s keep going.. Until we find somewhere..”

    “I think I found something!” Gertrude interrupts pointing to a small Dunkin Donuts shop and running into the doors.

    “Clear out all walkers and check the apartment building on the top. Maybe we’ll stay here for a little while..” Journey commands and rubs the scruff on his neck.

    “Paul..” Jerry looks at him and pushes him inside.

    “Alright I’ll tell you… an Infantation sets off away from the Little Paradise crowds. They accept the world around them and they have no fear, so they almost blend into the walkers making them hear you less. It’s a kind of chemical in their brain. But most of all. They can’t control you.. And you don’t fit into either category.. Or you fit into both… Calm and Party sides. And Chandler and the crew, won’t stop.. Until they kill you.” Paul looks right into Jerry’s eyes.