"..."

"Mhm. Jimmy told me everything. You and a group of friends, going out, getting drunk, breaking into a neighbours house so you could throw a pool party."

"..."

"Apparently, you've seen the inside of a police station cell more than once."

"..."

"Nothing to say, huh?"

"I was released with a caution on all occasions."

"And how many occasions does 'all' cover?"

"..."

"The pool break in? The student protest? The unpaid parking tickets? The dine and dash? The drug scandal? The drunk and disorderly?"

"Ok, first of all, I wasn't the one who broke into anyone's house. The student protest was a simple case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I still maintain that the parking ticket situation was a case of harassment by the attendant. I had a resident's permit not that the asshole ever heard me out. The dine and dash was a miscommunication on mine and Hugo's side. I thought he paid, he thought I'd paid... And the drug thing was a case of mistaken identity."

"The drunk and disorderly?"

"I wasn't arrested for that. I was arrested for assaulting a police officer."

"Which is so much worse than being drunk and disorderly."

"I never actually assaulted him! I called him a twat, which by the way, I stand by. And like I said, I was never charged with any of those things."

"No, only cautioned."

"..."

"..."

"Never go out with my father again. Especially if there's alcohol involved."

"But-"

"Never!"

"Ok, ok... chill, woman."

"I'm going to hurt you so much the next time I see you."

"Sounds kinky. Now, your answerphone message said that you had something important to tell me."

"Mhm."

"Which would be?"

"I don't think you deserve to hear it. Not now. Not after being a dickhead."

"Oh, c'mon, Soph. Tell me."

"No."

"Sophie."

"No."

"Please? Pretty please with cherries on top?"

"No."

"What if I do that thing you like?"

"Which thing?"

"You know which thing."

"..."

"Well?"

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Fine."

"So, what was so important that you had to tell me?"

"I. Love. You."

"Yeah, I know that. What was the important thing?"

"That was it. It was very important that I tell you that I love you."

"Really? That was it?"

"Yep. Now, you better not renege on your promise to do that thing."

"But-"

"You promised."

"Soph-"

"You. Promised."

"But-"

"Daniel."

"But I hate doing the cooking!"

"You shouldn't have promised if you weren't intending to keep it."

"You and I both know it's going to end in disaster, so why are you making me cook?"

"Because every other time, I'm the one that's cooking. You owe me."

"..."

"A promise is a promise, Whitaker. It was a verbal contract that will stand up in court."

"God, you didn't do a Kanye and have someone record this conversation, did you?"

"And I'll Snapchat it, too, if you're not careful. What's it to be? Public humiliation, or cooking you amazing fiancée a three-course meal?"

"A three-course meal? That's all I'll have to do?"

"Yep. One night of cooking."

"Ok, deal."

"There, that wasn't hard, was it?"

"I feel like I've been cheated. I go an 'I love you,' you got a three-course dinner."

"Sod's Law, babe."

"Still..."

"That's what happend when you go out with my father, learn a lot of shit about me, and deliberately ignore my calls."

"Lessong learnt."

"Atta boy. Right, I'm off. I'll leave you and your headache to it."

"Cheers."

"Hey, no need to be sarcastic."

"Love you, too."

"I know."