Knock, Knock. P.S: Don't Open Your Door.

___________________________________PART SIXTEEN____________________________________

Beep…beep…beep…

The slow sound of the heart monitor woke me. I was sitting in a hospital room chair, sitting directly up. I started to yawn, but as I began to lift my hands to stretch, I felt a cord tug my wrists back down again.

The hell…?

I looked around the room puzzled. It was then that I noticed Donovan, arms and legs sprawled out over a gurney, Jeff standing over him. I saw something faintly sparkle and Don’s hand twitched fervently and his body writhed slightly in pain.

“What are you doing to him?” My voice was unsteady, as well as my body.

“Oh,” Jeff turned to face me, a scalpel held in one of his gloved hands. I saw Donovan’s head which had a small slit in the top, rosy blood trickling from the wound. “You’re awake.”

“What are you doing to him?” I repeated my voice stronger, clearer, and more confident this time.

“Oh my dear girl,” Jeff said morbidly, running his gloved fingers across my cheek, I could not pull away because of the restraints. “I’m ridding him.”

“No.” I whispered. “No! You can’t, please!” My sobs filled the room, causing Donovan’s head to lift up slightly.

“Ciera?” he moaned. “Ciera is that you?”

“Donny!” I whimpered.

“Oh stop!” Jeff butted in, separating our view from each other. “Enough romance.”

“Let him go!” I panicked, heart thudding. He did not reply, he simply walked over and continued his disturbed work to Donovan’s face. Anger swelled inside of me, as well as adrenaline. I flung my legs out at him, sending the chair with me in it, sailing forward. The chair and I tumbled into his lower leg, he crashed to the floor. Hearing Donovan’s painful moans, I used all my strength, and ambition to save him, to bite the cords repressing me, breaking me free. I bolted over to Donovan, who had a slit on his upper forehead. He looked up at me, unable to speak, as I broke the zip ties holding him to the gurney. Jeff was evidentially unconscious, because I hadn’t seen or heard the slightest of anything since he’d tumbled to the floor. I reached my hand down to help Donovan up, but his eyes grew dim and lifeless.

“No, no, no, no.” I leaned down and checked his vitals. A slow thump, thump pressed against my forefinger.

“Donny wake up.”

Nothing.

“Please…” I started to cry. My sobs were audible to anyone still awake in the room, at that his eyes shot open, and he gasped. I dragged him up and rubbed his back to bring air to his lungs. His breathing steadied as I clasped him in my arms.

“I thought you were gone…” I whispered with my face pressed to his neck.

“I’m never gone sweetheart.” He comforted me, grasping my shoulder tightly. Slinging his arm around my shoulder, I propped him up and helped him out of the room. We instantly went down to the lobby and told one of the doctors what had occurred. We were told to go back to the resort, and we did accordingly.

___

As I dabbed the cloth against Donovan’s wound, he flinched.

“Ow, ow, ow! Watch it please.” he gritted his teeth.

“Sorry. It’s rubbing alcohol, it’s going to be painful, but I have to clean it.” I continues dabbing the cloth against his skin. Soon, he adjusted to the sting and he settled. Once I was finished, I realized the would was just a mere slice. It wasn’t even half an inch deep. We bandaged his forehead and with the help of my “expert” medical skills, (medical skills my ass) the blood finally stopped and he was-hopefully- not going to die.