Chapter One

"Oh my gosh, Kaitlyn!" I heard a girl squeal, causing me to roll my eyes. It's been two days, not two years, so chill. I'm so glad that my friend group isn't like that. 

"Thank god, Tori! This guy won't shut up!" Willow huffed, pointing in Christians direction. I chuckled. 

"I came just in time then, huh?" I responded, dryly.

"You came just in time to hear Willow and Christians annoying arguments." Brooklyn muttered under her breath. 

"Hey!" both yelled in unison, turning to face her, with there arms crossed. We all laughed. 

"So, I was thinking that we should all go to the mall after school.." Brooklyn said, directing it at all of us. "Any takers?" 

"I'm down." Chase shrugged. All of them agreed, except for me. I awkwardly adjusted my glasses, as they stared at me.

"Tori?" Willow suggested, quirking an eyebrow.

"Oh, um," I muttered, trying to think of an excuse. "Family dinner?" I offered, hoping it was believable. 

"Don't seem to sure about it?" Christian questioned, putting a hand on his hip.

"Oh, I'm sure." I reassured. 

"Okay, we'll miss you, Tori." Brooklyn hummed, just as the bell rang. 

"Well, there's the bell." Willow sighed.

"Thanks, captain obvious." I snorted, rolling my eyes. Christian laughed, probably enjoying that I said something like that to his step sister. Yeah, there parents got married a few years back. We were already friends with Christian before, but when his mom got married to Willow, we became friends with her too.

"Let's go, Tori!" Christian exclaimed, very happily. I chuckled. We had first hour together. We skipped to our first class together, ignoring the weird looks we were getting. We got to our class, in the middle of a laughing fit, earning a glare from our teacher and some students.

"Quiet down, guys." my teacher said, with no emotion in her voice. "Today, we are doing a group project. Pick a partner, and I'll pair you up from that." Christian and I gave a mischievous glance from across the room, as many people began getting up to get to there partner. Christian walked up to me.  

"This project is gonna kill!" Christian said, with a laugh.

"It is!" I smiled, flipping my hair over my shoulder, causing Christian to roll his eyes.

"Now that you have your partner, I'm gonna pair you up with another group." she stated, before listing of groups.

"Laken and Dakota, with, hm, Tori and Christian." I rolled my eyes on instinct. Really? Laken? Dakota? "Get with your group now." I mentally screamed.

"You Tori?" a male voice said.

"Depends.. who's asking?" I said, all innocent like.

"Your partners." the other one scoffed, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Get to know your partners today." the teacher said, before going off to I-don't-care land. Christian and Dakota made awkward eye contact before looking away blushing. Weird..

"Well, I'm Christian." he greeted, happily. 

"I'm Laken, this is Dakota." Laken said. 

"This is Tori, I'm assuming?" Dakota asked, raising an eyebrow. I crossed my arms. Christian peeked over at me, before looking back at them.

"Yeah, that's Tori." he peeped. 

"Hi." I greeted, through gritted teeth.

-Lunch-

"Hey guys!" I sung, a warm smile on my face. 

"Tori!" Chase exclaimed. 

"So, karaoke Saturday night?" Willow inquired. 

"I'm in." Sophia told her.

"I'm down." I shrugged.  Everyone else agreed.

"It's a date!" she exclaimed. We all buzzed with excitement. 

"Hey, Tori. Maybe you should bring a date." Christian teased. Everyone else agreed. 

"Yeah, Tori." Brooklyn mused. 

"Maybe I have a boyfriend." I snapped back, causing them all to widen their eyes I suddenly went silent, looking to the floor. After a few moments of silence, Chase said,

"Well, do you?" 

"No." I mumbled. 

"You know if you do, you can tell us, Tors, right?" Willow told me. I looked up, facing them. 

"I don't have one." I told them. 

"Well, okay then." Sophia muttered. 

"You know? I should probably go. I don't feel so great, so I'll see you guys tomorrow." I shrugged, walking off. 

  I got out of school quickly, seeing as the school staff loved me. The second I got out of school, I went to my house. I put my contacts in. I put my hair into two french braids, and did a sharp contour. I put on a black tank top, a leather jacket, and a pair of black skinny jeans. I also put on a pair of converse. I smirked at my appearance. I looked good. I walked out of my apartment, and to what we called the meetup. There was a good amount of people there.

"Ay, Torran!" Jacob yelled, running over to kiss me. His lips felt soft against mine. 

"Skipping school, babe?" I asked, smirking. 

"Of course." he replied, smirking back at me. "Surprised to see you, Torran. You don't usually skip school." I laughed. 

"I just wasn't in the mood." I shrugged. He kissed my lips again, and I smiled.  

"Well there's a first time for everything, right?" he smirked. My eyes wandered over to where a few guys entered and began to talk to another group of guys. I instantly recognized them. Dakota, Laken, Luke, and Jackson. The four most popular guys in our school. My eyes narrowed. 

"Who are they?" I hissed to Jacob.

"Oh, they're new." he shrugged.

"And you didn't think to ask me about it?"  I glared at him. 

"Oh, f*ck." he muttered. "H-Here, I'll call them over. There cool." he said nervously. Now, let me tell you, Jacob is not scared of anything, except for me. 

"Yo, Laken!" he called, telling him to come over. Jackson and Dakota followed him. They all stared at me, raised eyebrows.

"Hi, I'm Torran. Pleasure to meet ya'." I said, my voice icy. 

"This your girlfriend?" Dakota asked Jacob.

"Yeah." he answered quietly, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"I'm also," I paused. "The leader of this gang. So you better watch out." I growled, but then smiled. "But, welcome!" all three of them looked scared. 

"Thanks." Laken finally said, with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, lets get this started, shall we?"