Date Night Gone WRONG

Start from the beginning

“No, it’s okay.” Annabeth said.

“Yeah, it’s okay Helen.” I said, smiling at her. “Besides, we were just going.”

“Oh, okay. Well then, have fun!” Helen said.

“Will do. Bye Helen.” Annabeth said and then went outside and in to my car.

--- --- ---- ---- --- ---- LINE BREAK --- --- --- -- --- --- --- ---

We were going to have a quick visit to the park before we go to ‘the restaurant’, since our reservation was still on 7:30. And that I needed to buy a blindfold at the park.

I know, I know. What’s the blindfold for, Percy? I thought you were going to a formal restaurant not a children’s party. Well, just shut your pipe holes, because you’ll find out later.

We got to the park in about fifteen minutes. And let me tell you, I was so relieved when I got out of that car. Well, not the car, but who I’m with in the car. No. it’s not, because I don’t like Annabeth or I’m annoyed by her.(If I was, why would she be my girlfriend and why would I take her out to somewhere as expensive as where we were going.? It’s like saying I was the smartest kid in the whole world and I was by far smarter than Athena herself. ) It’s because she won’t stop bugging me about where we’re going. I’m keeping it a secret so..

I sighed, loudly and turned to face her.

“So, now we’re in the park.” She said, unsurely. I smiled, nodding.

“Yes,” I said, putting an arm around her with a smile that says ‘don’t worry. “We’re in the park.”

“What a-”

“Don’t worry, Annabeth.” I said, cutting her off. “I just need something from here, okay? It’s gonna be quick. I promise.”

“Fine.” She sighed. I smiled and made my way to one of those little shops with plastic roofs at the corner of the park.

“Good evening, sir. What can I do for you?” a women in the shop-thingy said. She was at her mid-forty’s. Her dark-grey-ish hair was in a nice ponytail and her warm brown eyes were shining. I smiled back at her, nodding my head.

“Umm.. Do you have any blindfolds? Or any piece of clothing that I can use to blindfold someone?” I asked, looking through the small key chains and figurines on her stand.

“Well, we do have this?” she said, bending down. When she stood straight, she was holding a red cloth. I smiled. Perfect. “Does this count?”

“Yes. I’ll take it. how much-”

“Percy. What are you doing?” Annabeth said, coming from behind me. “It’s almost seven.. and- Oh, hi.” She said when she noticed the lady. The lady smiled, warmly at her.

“Is this your girlfriend?” the lady asked. I smiled.

“Yes.” I said, putting an arm around Annnabeth’s shoulders. “Yes, she is.”

“Well, what a cute couple.” The lady commented. Okay, I should stop with all ‘the lady’ thing. I thought. “Probably the best couple I’ve ever seen for ages.” Annabeth and I both blushed as the storekeeper said that.

“Uhh.. yeah..” I mumbled. “We get that a lot.” I said, using my free hand to rub the back of my neck. The storekeeper chuckled.

“I’m sure you do.” She said. She looked at Annabeth, then at me, then at what we were wearing. Our clothes might not be too casual, but it’s definitely not for a walk around the park. “Oh, are you going to get this? I bet you two have a date to go to?” she said.