12✦

[Hoshi's POV]

"OH MY GOD"

"You're not supposed to say oh my god," my friend, Vernon, said.

"I'm so nervous!" I said, ignoring what he had just told me.

"Why?" Woozi asked, his attention now on our discussion instead of on his book.

Woozi, Vernon, DK and I were sitting together in a park. We were simply talking together as we waited for our assigned time to come. It was often like this. Dokyeom has the earliest time in ours.

DK : 09 :59
Me : 10:10
Woozi : 11:13
Vernon : 13:27

It was currently 09:50, in 9 minutes DK would leave, and I'd then be next.

"It's nothing," I said, answering Woozi's question as I looked up at the sky.

"Something with (Y/N)?" Woozi added, unconvinced from my previous answer.

"Who dat?" Vernon asked.

"A cat,"Woozi answered sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

"His human obviously," he then gave the right answer.

"Yeah..." I said.

"Why are you nervous? Hasn't it been like a year you're seeing her daily?" DK questioned.

"Today is different," I said.

"In what?"

There was a moment of silence while I sighed. I gave up hiding it and decided to tell them.

"I'm going to know if (y/n) has feelings for me."

"Ohhh you like her?" Vernon commented. I nodded.

"You understand you won't be able to stay with her forever right?" Woozi asked.

"Yeah, but I want to try at least. I just... love her."

"Isn't it against the rules to be in a relationship with a human though," DK asked.

"It is," Vernon confirmed.

"I don't care," I mumbled.

"Got to go," DK said and disappeared. Now was 09:59.

"I'm not saving you this time if you get in trouble," Woozi said. I didn't reply. Woozi and Vernon started talking about something, and I stopped listening.

10:10.

I appeared in the human world. I took a quick notice of our surroundings. It wasn't her room, we were outside in our usual park.

"Hey," she was standing there, the sun which was slightly piercing through the trees made her look shiny. She was simply beautiful.

"Hey," I finally greeted back.

"I thought about it," she told me. I gulped nervously. What was her answer going to be? She took a deep breath before resuming her sentence.

"And, I didn't know you were going to be this important, but I realize you are now that our time is counted. I just would like to thank you for being the thing I look forward to the next day." She paused.

"I love you."

My heart's rhythm increased, my cheeks heated, and a smile grew on my face as I heard her answer.

[10 days before the end, (Y/N)'s POV]

"YAH! DO YOU WANT TO BE KILLED? WHy dO yOu keEp AppeaRinG aT thE wroNg TimE?!"

1. His sudden appearance made me jump.

2. I choCked on mY soDa.

3. I spilled the beverage on my laptop!

After the accident, I desperately tried to save my computer by using tissues. My efforts were unsuccessful as it wouldn't open anymore. I slowly turned by head toward my boyfriend and glared at him.

"Sorry?" he said

"Sorry?! It won't bring back my laptop... my parents are so going to kill me."

"You could use a wish?" he suggested.

"True. Alright, then can you save my laptop please?" he nodded, and everything went back to normal. Even the soda was back in the can.

"Thank you~"

He pulled me into an hug and rested his head on my shoulder. We stayed like this during a while.

"Did you... get into trouble because of our relationship?" I asked breaking the silence.

"A little truthfully," he said, trying to make it look as if it wasn't a big deal by laughing lightly. I turned to him, concerned.

"What happened?"

"He warned me that's all," he said referring to the original genie.

"What did he say exactly?"

"He said I shouldn't let our relationship interfere with my job, in the present and in the future..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah... but at least he decided to accept our relation for the rest of the year!" he tried to cheer us up.

"Yeah." I was still concerned though. With only 10 days left, I'd break his heart if I forgot him.

The last month had been filled with dates. We would spend the most time we could in each other's company. But as the days passed, the harder it was becoming to face the reality of having to forget him. This would miss me once he was gone... No, I won't remember. Then, probably, he will miss it?

I don't want to forget him.