Chapter 13

"Uhm. I think she is dying?" Jay pointed out as Emma's eyes started to roll back. He rubbed the back of his awkwardly since it wasn't exactly on his bucket list to see his best friend plow his wife to be's mouth like a starved animal.

"Hmm.." Ethan hummed satisfied. He finally pulled his mouth back enough for Emma to breath and immediately she went into a coughing fit.

Emma choked on his saliva in her throat and turned to her side on the table. Her temple rested against the hard surface and her fingers grabbed on to the side of the table as she coughed violently.

Tears fell freely from her eyes as the gush of much needed air assaulted her throat and lungs. For a minute there she thought she was going to die. Emma hyperventilate into the table as Ethan stood between her legs watching over her ready to attack again.

His smoldering gaze burning hole into the back of her head as Emma curled into a tight ball on the table in hopes of controlling her cough and breathing.

Ethan continued to stare at her. Lust clear in his eyes as he too panted to take control of himself. He wiped the warm wetness from her mouth with the back of his hand, licking at his lips afterwards to get another taste at her sweetness now all smeared all over his mouth.

His needy body jolting on its own to claim her again but with much restrained Ethan controlled himself.

Grabbing her arm, Ethan pulled a coughing Emma to a sitting position on the table. His arms wrapping around her waist, engulfing her in his arms for comfort.

Her arms immediately looped themselves around his neck and broad shoulder. Her temple rested against his well defined chest as she panted heavily. Ethan kissed the side of her head with gentleness he didn't possess.

What the fuck?!

Jay thought as he stared at the scene before him. He rubbed his neck in confusion and awkwardness. Both of them were crazy. They went from fighting to almost fucking on the table to cudling within few minutes.

Shaking his head at them, he turned around to leave the place and let the couple be.

"We are leaving. The car will wait for you." Jay informed even though he was completely ignored.

He came to tell Ethan that he was leaving with the rest of the team. But he knew it was useless to come seek him when he was Emma. His best friend was pretty useless when he is with his precoius. He wouldn't listen even if a bomb explodes next to his ear drum unless Emma's safety was concerned as well.

No matter how weird and awkward it seems to outsiders both Emma and Ethan were always like that. No matter how much Emma hated him she always seeked his comfort and same was for him.

Ethan annoyed the shit out of her and somtimes in the process Emma got hurt as well but he was always there to heal the wounds afterwards.

On multiple occasions he had carried her to the hospital himself when she tried to out run him only to trip and fall back in high school. Whenever she felt sick, she wanted him beside her. He would sleep beside her, eat with her and hold her until Emma felt better enough to kick his ass out of her room.

In times like those she wouldn't allow anyone to come near her, only he was the exception. He had seen her vulnerable and sick. Only Ethan had seen her cry and only he was the one to see her go crazy durring a period in her life that she herself has forgotten. But he remembered everything.

He remembered every scream, every nightmare, every tear of hers. Those six months were the worse period in his entire life. No matter how unhappy he felt that Emma lost six months of her life, he never ever wanted to see her like that again. He would give anything in the world to keep those memories locked for her.