twenty nine

this book will be ending soon unfortunately :( anyways i have another calum book and it's a lot better, it's called skinny love (look @ that self promo tho)

love u guys

- - -

A year.

A whole year.

I kicked back in my chair and sighed, while tapping my fingers on the sofa. He was supposed to be coming soon and I was extremely impatient.

It had been a few months since he got with a new management & everything eventually got back to normal. Daily texts and calls. We had made a long distance relationship work, even though sometimes it hurt.

I had gotten an apartment in California so that way whenever the boys came to visit we didn't have to waste it inside because of the rain. He loved it here; so did I.

I refused to tell him what the surprise was. I was currently holding a puppy; a little black labrador with a red clip on ribbon. He had begged me for a dog for forever and finally he was getting one.

cal: im almost here babe

you: GOOD

I heard someone knock on the door and the dog barked; immediately I heard pounding and then a, "No way in hell!".

"You have the keys, idiot." I yelled while laughing. The door swung open and he looked at me excitedly. I stood in the middle of the living room, the puppy in my arms, wearing his favorite shirt on me and the ripped black jeans he bought me for my birthday that I always refused to wear.

"Erin!" He yelled as he ran for me and the dog; his face was like a little kid on Christmas. I handed him the puppy lion king style and he jumped up and down, overjoyed. He gave the puppy an Eskimo kiss and a few forehead kisses before looking back at me, and then he set the dog down and we stared at each other for a moment before he scooped me up and ran with me to the bedroom.

I laughed as he pinned me down, and both laughing we kissed for the first time in months. The puppy put his paws on the bed and stared at us, cocking his head slightly. He helped him up on our bed and then, cuddled us both and sighed softly. "I love you guys." The puppy wriggled from his grasp and pounced off the bed.

"I love you too," I said, looking into his deep brown eyes. He pressed his lips against mine again, and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I missed you."

"I missed you more." He whispered softly.

- - -

After taking a shower and getting dressed, we sat down on the couch and talked about names for the puppy. The puppy was asleep on his lap, not leaving any room for me.

"What about Jax?" I said, and his eyes lit up.

"That's a really good name." He gasped, like he was surprised. "I like that name."

"Good," I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Because I can't think of any other names."

"I love you." He said suddenly, and I smiled
softly.

"I love you too." I whispered.

"I want to grow old with you, and I want to go on tour with you, and I want-"

"Calum, what are you saying?" I asked, my heart racing after every word he spoke.

He smiled and stroked my hair. "This is where I want to be for the rest of my life. Here with you."

My stomach flipped.

"Erin," He scooted up, careful not to wake the puppy and lifted up my chin. "I want to marry you."

It kind of took me a second; you know, like when someone thing happens and everything seems to go in slow motion.

"Yes." I blurted out. And in that moment, I could see the past year go by me. Getting that text, meeting him, listening to his music, getting tweeted, graduating, moving, kissing, everything seemed to glad past me when I said yes. It had only been a year, but it was a damn good year. A year where we finally found ourselves.

I was nineteen, yes. I was oblivious to what might happen. But this person had shown me love through thick and thin and hadn't let go, even through all the arguments and yelling he still was there at the end of the day. And I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him even if it meant going through bad times.

"Yes," I said more confidently this time. "Calum Thomas Hood, I want to marry you too."

- - -