Chapter 1

1- fear
The creature was gaining on Teuy. The boy could feel the vibrations of it's great pounding feet only a mile away. He also knew though it wouldn't catch him, Teuy would find some miraculous way of escaping as he always did but that didn't make it any less terrifying. Teuy almost wished the creature would catch him. He was curious to see whether it would turn out the same way it had in his head.It would almost be a relief after all these years of running, of watching his back, of living in constant fear but the prophecy would never allow that. 

A humming noise signalled the approach of a small but sturdy looking red car driven by a youngish guy probably in his mid twenties. He was quite an interesting person to look at really and Teuy didn't really know which part of him was more odd. There was his skin for example; lots of people had tanned brown skin but his was a very specific looking golden colour. As if it had been dipped in melted drachmas and left to dry.  The body under the skin was quite peculiar too tall but very slim and laced here and there with tight patches of muscle. It made him look perfectly streamlined much like a dolphin or otter but with a likeness more similar to a cheetah with a perfect runners build and the same intense stare. His eyes were an amber brown colour and very calm, watching everything. Moving up from his eyes Teuy could see a long mop of dark hair that hung a little past his shoulders and made the man look a little more solemn and quiet though somehow he knew the man was neither of these things. 

Teuy was surprised when the car pulled up next to him and beeped it's horn. He actually jumped at the latter looking around as if this perfectly natural noise was death personally calling his name. Instantly defensive Teuy got into a casual but action ready stance from which he could defend himself if necessary. The man in the car looked a little puzzled by Teuy's jumpiness but opened his car door anyway. 

You look like you could do with a lift. Wher'yare going," he asked Teuy in a friendly manner.
"As far away from here as possible," Teuy answered his croaky voice crackling in the dry air.
   "I hear you man this place gives me the creeps," he nodded glaring out at the wild yet dull land as if it had personally insulted him. Teuy couldn't see why there was nothing particularly offensive about the place apart from how dry it was.

   Teuy hadn't done much hitchhiking so he was a little nervous but since the creature was very close now he could hardly refuse. He climbed into the open car gingerly refusing a seat-belt because he didn't want to get trapped. 
    Only a few minutes into the ride it was apparent it would be an uncomfortable one. There was soft music to break the silence but nothing to block out the man's constant need for conversation. In the space of just five minutes Teuy learnt the man was just twenty two, named Ryan and was on the way back from university. This would not have been so bad had Ryan not turned his attention to Teuy.
"So what has you out here in the land that time forgot." The question made Teuy uncomfortable and look furiously out of the window trying to avoid eye contact at all costs.
"Walking," he finally replied hoping to shift the man's gaze that was now burning the back of his neck.
  By now Ryan had begun to sense that something was wrong. This boy looked to be in his early teens which was far too young to be hitchhiking through the wilderness all alone and judging from his constant nervousness he wasn't comfortable with it at all. Ryan felt sorry for the kid and wanted to help him with whatever problem he was having. 
"Look man if you're having some err issues let me help you?" He said a little more questioningly than he liked. 
"The ride is help enough," Teuy said firmly. 
"At least tell me what's going on."
"No."

That was it Ryan decided time to pull out the big guns. "Or I could just kick you out, or even better call the police."
"Okay."
That had thrown Ryan off and he felt instantly uncomfortable but since he hated lying, true to his word he stopped the car. Teuy reached for the car door but just as he did a murderous animal howl filled the air sending bolt of pure fear through the him. His arms flew around himself and his eyes were like small moons, he counted slowly as he tried to control his breathing. Ryan watched with a mixture of shock and horror as a fine layer of red-brown began to envelop the boys skin. Teuy was trying desperately to stop the change but he knew by now all he could hope for was a halfway stage. 
    One minute later Teuy sat stock still his whole body covered in copper fur, his eyes also having changed to a golden yellow colour. He sighed but moved his eyes up slowly to meet Ryan's terrified gaze. "Okay I'll tell you."