Chapter 7 - Falling for Jacob...Literally

Chapter 7

Falling for Jacob...Literally

I quickly jumped out of Jacob's arms and mentally slapped myself. He ran his fingers through is dirty-blonde hair, and looked at me, a blush forming on his face.

"Sorry about that...I..uh...sorry," I mumbled. He laughed, the blush that once formed now disappearing.

"It's alright. What are you doing at Pappy's?" Jacob asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I came with Tucker, which he should be here right now..." I looked around the restaurant, trying to spot him. Then I did. He was in a corner, kissing Jacob's sister.

"Oh my God, is he...kissing Heather?!" My eyes opened wide, and so did Jacob's. 

"God...I should of known not to leave them alone. Tucker takes any chance he has to be near Heather. I think they like each other," he said, staring at them.

"No duh. Look at them! I totally ship it: Teather," I smiled.

"Hahaha, very funny. I'm gonna go stop them." Jacob started to walk away, but I grabbed his arm, forcing him to face me.

"Jacob, stop! I know you are her brother and everything, but don't be so overprotective," I said. He looked at my hand around his arm, and he closed the space between us.

"I guess I am overprotective. I can be protective over you, if you want. In fact, I guess I will," he smirked, pulling me close to him. I tried to pull out of his arms, but I was stuck. Oh great.

"Let go, Jacob. Now I see what Tucker was talking about," I said angrily, stomping on his foot. He cursed, and I ran away to Tucker and Heather.

They were still making out, so I cleared my throat and tapped his shoulder. Heather broke away first, blushing when she saw me. Tucker than saw my flushed face, looked across the room at Jacob, and then said bye to Heather, taking me to our table.

We sat down, and Tucker stared into my eyes deeply. He finally broke the silence.

"What did he do now?" Tucker sighed, taking a sip of iced tea.

"He...Jacob said he would be overprotective over me, and then he held me tight. So I stomped on his foot."

Tucker started laughing out loud, and I covered my ears. When he was done, the food arrived. Mm.... ribs and corn and beans and pork. Lovely.

"You're the first girl who's ever resisted Jacob. Usually, they want to make out with him. I think that's why he's crazy over you. He wants to make you like him," Tucker said, chewing with his mouth open. Disgusting.

"Well, I don't like him. Not at all," I declared, munching on a french fry. Then we enjoyed our food, in Pappy's Smokehouse.