22 - Lost in the World

Start from the beginning

"Where do you think we are?" Brandon asked. He liked the silence between them but he couldn't help his curiousity.

"The North pole." Selena uttered matter of factly.

"What? You've been here before?" Brandon joked which caused her to chuckle.

"No but where else can this be?" Selena asked as she pointed around them, seeing nothing but white as snowflakes started to fall down.

"I don't know... Canada?" Brandon suggested. Selena nodded at that.

"I thought you didn't like Geography much." Immediately after saying the sentence, she fell down, due to her legs going completely numb.

"Hey.." Brandon used his speed to catch Selena in his arms. He held her up bridal style and kept walking.

"Put me down!" Selena protested angrily, as she tried to fight back. But it was of no use. She could no longer feel her limbs.

"Why? So you'd fall into the snow again? No thanks. I don't wanna hear you complain about that the whole time we're here." Brandon argued playfully, not putting her down.

Selena gave up trying and made herself comfortable in the vampire's hold. "We should possibly move faster now that you're carrying me practically." Selena demanded.

"Right. But first, put the jacket over your skin. It might get extra cold when we speed up." Brandon agreed. Selena did as she was told.

Before they could run, they heard a scream and a bullet being fired.

***

Kendall felt a hand grab her arm and pull her deeper into somewhere she could only vaguely see. Her and Cara were being pulled through the cold water.

When they hit the ground, the force that was grabbing their arms let go of them causing them to fall into the muddy puddle. Kendall took a deep breath trying to digest all that had happened in such a short while.

"Are you insane?" Asked a vampire girl. With one glance Cara immediately recognised her. She was the girl who had served them their drinks earlier that day. The green eyed girl.

"Who are you?" Cara stood up, preparing herself for whatever that was to come. She didn't know this green eyed vampire but she was quite sure she was the girl from before. Cara didn't believe in coincidence much.

"I should be the one asking you that!" The girl snapped. "What the fuck were you doing in the restricted area?" She was clearly surprised and furious. "Are you out of your minds?"

"How is that in any possible way, your business?" Cara replied as coldly. She pulled Kendall by her side protectively.

"It's in every way my business!" The girl snapped.

"Leave us alone." Cara stood beside the Bright Sider, showing off her fangs in a menacing way. Almost ready to fight the second it would be required.

"You can't go back to the restricted area. It's forbidden for our kind." The girl replied angrily. "Besides, you wouldn't last there. They'd kill you with no shame nor regrets." She warned.

"What were you doing there?" The girl asked again.

"We were Looking for the gates." Kendall replied. Cara shot her a worried glance before turning her attention back to the green eyed girl.

"Oh my! You two are insane." She laughed bitterly. "No vampire has ever gone past those gates without Alexandra's consent. You should be aware that you're no exception."