Chapter 2| Emergency

I know nothing of medical procedures or terms, so I'm just gonna wing it ;)
-
Shawn and Maya have been in the waiting room for about 30 minutes now and Maya was sleeping on the couch in the corner of the room. Shawn hadn't heard anything about Katy yet, but all of a sudden a man in a doctors coat came out of the door.

For Katy Hunter?
the man asked. Shawn immediately stood up and walked towards the man.

Shawn Hunter? You're the one I spoke to on the phone, correct?

Yes.
Shawn responded.

Your wife got out of surgery as of right now. We are going to transfer her into a room down the hall,
Shawn nodded.
And she is expected to make a full recovery
Shawn let out the breath he didn't even know he was holding.

What happened?
Shawn asked in a shaky voice.

Her car was upside down and she was still in it. When she arrived here she had a shard of glass from the windshield punctured in her stomach, which nicked her lung. She also has two broken ribs and a fractured ankle.
Shawn was on the verge of tears, but refused to let them free.

She will be alright, but I'm afraid someone was not as lucky.
the doctor said looking up from his clipboard. Shawn gave him a confused expression.

'What? Was there someone else in the car.', Shawn thought.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Mr. Hunter.
the doctor said with sympathy in his voice.

Wait. what? Who died?
Shawn said not know what the hell this guy was talking about.

The doctor looked at Shawn in realization.
Oh, you don't know?

Shawn raised an eyebrow.

I think you have to sit down for this.

(Just a reminder I know nothing of medical procedures or terms. I'm trying okay!)
4 hours ago-

Thanks to the nearby hospital, the ambulance got there fifteen minutes after someone made the call.

Katy was still inside the now upside down car. She could hear the crowd surrounding the crash. She could hear the sound of sirens. People started trying to break open the car door so she could get out. But Katy didn't want to get out. She thought it would be better if they left her there to die. But at the same time she didn't  want to die.
...
As they rushed Katy into the hospital she could hear them saying these things she could barely understand. All she could focus on was the pain in her stomach.

She's waking up!
she heard someone yell.

Mrs.Hunter? Mrs. Hunter can you hear me?
she nodded ever so slightly.
Okay, you are about to be put into surgery.

And that's all she heard before she fell into a deep sleep.
-

Shawn and Maya were having lunch at Topanga's with Riley, Lucas, Farkle, Cory, and Topanga.

Shawn felt a vibration in his jacket pocket. He looked at the screen and pressed the green button. He put the phone to his ear.

Hello
Shawn said calmly.

Yes, hello. Is this Shawn Hunter?
the voice on the phone said.

Yes
Shawn replied.

Your wife has been in a car accident.
Shawn's eyes widened and he shot up from his chair and started freaking out.

What?!
he choked out. Everyone looked up at him with a worried face.
Where?