[ E p i l o g u e ]

Start from the beginning

~~~

“Can you please stop?” Georgia threw popcorn at me and Jonah as we laughed together. He kept kissing my cheek and I’d tell him to stop but he wouldn’t; it’s a stupid reason to laugh but I can’t help it. I’m just so happy!

I laughed again. “Make us.”

Jonah shook his head. “No, no, make her!” he exclaimed as he shook his head. He stood up, pushing me away from him in the process and ran away. Georgia got up off of her spot on the couch, storming over to us and grabbing me in a headlock.

“I told you to stop!” Georgia hissed as she tightened her grip on my neck. I coughed and sputtered, attempting to tell her to stop. Weston was doubled over in laughter while Jonah ran away. What a help.

I heard the front door open and I tried to squeal louder, but it was hard when your throat had only a little bit of air entering it. I heard a gasp and heels clacking over to us.

“Georgia, let go of Savannah!” I was grateful when Matilda pried the crazy girl off of my neck. I inhaled deeply, sighing in content when the fresh air reached my lungs.

“Tell her to stop making out with your son!” Georgia complained as she walked over and sat on the couch beside Weston. Jonah’s parents recently purchased a house; it was large and homey. I liked it and apparently so did Georgia and Weston; they spend all of their time here.

Diane laughed from beside Matilda, shaking her head. “Somebody’s jealous that," Diane sang.

I cackled as Georgia glared at Diane, her mother. “There is no way that I’m jealous.”

“Somebody’s jealous,” Weston snickered. Georgia punched his arm.

“Is that jealousy I smell?” Sierra laughed as she sniffed the air and Georgia glared at her.

“Why, I think it is, Sierra,” Sabrina giggled as she smelled the air for confirmation. Georgia flung a pillow in their direction. They dodged it and went back to laughing at her.

Matilda laughed as well. “Speaking of Jonah, where is he?”

“I don’t know; he ran off during my time of need,” I muttered as she laughed loudly.

Jonah peeked out from behind a corner. “I’ll protect you from anything…but Georgia.”

I laughed. “Even spiders?”

He thought for a moment before he shook his head. “I’ll protect you from everything except for Georgia and spiders,” he corrected with a shiver. I just rolled my eyes. I heard a loud, rapid knocking on the door and Jonah walked over to the door and opened it.

Dana was standing there with her fist held up in the air as if she was about to knock again. “Come on in.”

Dana smiled at Jonah before she stood there awkwardly. She hadn’t met any of my friends yet, aside from Mere and Jonah, but he's my boyfriend, so I guess that doesn't count. She knew about them, but she’s yet to meet them…until now at least. She said that Weston’s name sounded hot when we were on the phone.

“Dana, this is Georgia and Weston,” I introduced. She already knew the twins. They waved at her and she smiled at them. She giggled once she looked at Weston who waved his hand at her before turning his attention back to the television.

“I was right," she whispered in my ear and I pretended to vomit as I shook my head. She giggled again.

Georgia bounced up from her seat. “What’s so funny?”

I smirked and opened my mouth but Dana quickly covered it with my hand. She shook her head before leading me towards the corner of the room, where Georgia followed. She let go of my hand, allowing the words to spew out of my mouth. “She likes your brother.”

“No, I don’t; he could be a jerk. I just think he’s hot,” Dana replied in a serious tone but lost it once her eyes landed on the back of Weston’s head. I stared at her with a scared expression on my face. It was slightly creepy as she smiled at the back of his head.

Georgia let out a loud laugh. “Yeah, Weston, hot.”

“Did I hear my name and the word hot in the same sentence?” Weston asked, turning around on the couch. His knees were drilling into the back of the couch; his elbows on the couch’s back; and his fingers rested excitedly on his cheeks. He had his chin resting on his palms as he stared at us. He moved so quickly; it reminded me of a cat.

Georgia laughed but nodded. Weston looked at Georgia before shaking his head, and then his eyes drifted to me. He wiggled his eyebrows and Jonah punched his arm as he walked by. Weston laughed before his eyes fell on Dana who was blushing furiously. Ding, ding, ding! I guess she was over Jacob. I glanced at her again; her face was bright red as she fidgeted with her hands. Was I like that around Jonah? I sure hope not.

As if reading my mind, Georgia nodded and groaned. Weston was still staring at Dana, as if assessing her. She tried to hide behind me but I pretended to look at my watch. “Would you look at the time?”

I quickly rushed back over towards Jonah and pecked his lips. Georgia groaned for what seemed like the 80th time tonight and began running towards the couch with her arm in a headlock position and I squealed and ran away. Georgia let out a warrior cry as I ducked into the kitchen. I could get used to this family.

~~~

Jonah ran to his car while Georgia stood in the doorway, shaking her fist at me while Weston was holding onto her arm. I was leaning against Jonah’s car, I managed to escape her rage and Jonah, thankfully, blocked the door while I exited the house. I grinned as Jonah started the car. I was standing outside of it, taunting her and Jonah got out of the driver’s seat to walk me to the passenger’s seat. Instead of letting him, I reached my arms around his neck and I pressed my lips to his. I giggled into the kiss and I felt his lips quirk up. I heard Georgia let out another warrior cry and I knew that I had to get into the car or else I wouldn’t be so lucky this time.

When we reached my house, Jonah turned to look at me. “I know it’s hard to say this…but I just want to say that I like you, a lot. I don’t know what love is…and I’m not going to rush things but I want you to know that I like you…a lot.”

I nodded my head as the words were like music to my ears. “I like you a lot, too.”

Jonah nodded with a grin on his face as he got out of the car and walked over to my side of the car. He knew I wasn’t one for talking about my feelings; I was surprised that I actually admitted to liking him. He opened the door and held my hand. We walked up to my porch to see my mother in her window.

I gave Jonah a sheepish grin and he shrugged, leaning down and kissing my cheek. I hugged him for a second. He sighed before walking down the steps, except he wasn’t falling this time. I waved at him while he walked towards the car. I opened the door to my house and let out a satisfied sigh.

“Did you get that kiss yet?” Jer asked me with a smirk on his lips.

I nodded my head. “Yes, yes, I did.”