"Hey, Hank. Do you think you could fly thing?" The woman asked him. She reminded Vale of someone, but the resemblance never came.

"Yeah." He replied. "I can figure it out."

Scott sauntered over to the rack. "Hey, guys. Flight suits."

"You wanted your war plane." The woman's voice was sharp and emotionless. "Let's go to war."

Vale darted her attention to the woman's strange energy and rack of suits. A question bubbled in her throat.

"I hate to ruin this dramatic moment," She spoke, her voice echoing along the walls. "But where are we going to change...?"

After they split up into two groups and got in their armored suits, Hank started up the jet. The group of mutants, and the one human, piled into the plane. Very soon they were in the air.

Vale let out a shaky breath and tugged at the straps holding her in her seat. The jet wobbled slightly from the wind blowing against the aircraft, she struggled not to loose her lunch.

Her ability grew more and more fuzzier as they flew higher, her companion's auric energies blotching in and out of focus. She winced at the headache it was giving her.

"I'm fine." She muttered as Kurt leaned near her. He cared too much for his own good.

"You don't seem fery fine." Kurt remarked. Vale's face wrinkled as she forcefully shut down her power. Kurt and the others were now nothing but blobs in a blur of awkward colors.

"I'm not awesome with being in the air." Vale mumbled at the metal floor.

It was hard for her to think that just four days ago she didn't know what she was. She was oblivious where she'd go, the people she would meet. As hard as it was to believe, she was on a jet, flying away with people she barely knew to stop some vague ancient force.

Why am I even here? She asked herself. I can't do anything useful. I don't have lasers and I can't move things with my mind. I don't even know how to punch! What the hell am I doing?

"Were you scared?" Jean's voice was fragile and small. "That day in DC, were you scared?"

"No." The woman said simply. Vale began to connect the dots.

At first Vale didn't believe herself. The woman that saved the president, was in the same plane as her. The woman on the television all the those years ago, here to get back the Professor.

"But I was scared on my first mission." She reassured Jean. "I was on a plane like this with my friends. Almost your age. We called ourselves the X-Men." Her tone at the last sentence sounded like a small laugh, baffled by the name and nostalgia. "Your brother was there. We used to call him Havoc. He was a real handful, but..." Vale figured she directed that to Scott. "When it came down to it, he was very brave."

Vale folded her hands in her lap uncomfortably. She felt like saying something, but fear of screwing up her words in front of a heroine plagued her.

"Vhat happened to zhe rest of your friends that vent vith you?" Kurt asked. "Zhe X-Men?"

The woman was hesitant to reply, but did none the less. "Hank and I are the only ones left. We couldn't save the rest of them. I told you, I'm not a hero."

"Well, you're a hero to us." Jean said, baffled at the woman's statement. "Seeing you that day on TV changed my life."

"Mine too." Kurt chimed in.

"I hardly remember when I was six." Vale lied in a barely audible whisper.

Those days haunted her, teased her to dwell on them. Vale trapped them in the back of her brain.

"Mine too. I mean, I still live in my parents basement, but...pfft." The fast man chuckled. "Everything else is...it's pretty much the same. I'm a total loser."

Vale gave out a small laugh at the man's remark. Everyone else did the same.

"Seventh wonder at twelve 'o clock." Hank informed them. Vale had barley noticed that his voice was much deeper than when they had met. The blind girl supposed it had to do with his mutation and the previous tweaks in his energy pattern.

Jean had said something about transfers and conscience and mind things. Vale had blocked it out, turbulence the only factor on her mind.

"What the hell is that?" A woman's voice, the human, asked. Vale had no clue what the woman was addressing to. Whatever it was Vale couldn't hear it over the sound of the engine.

"It's Erik." The heroine answered.

"Okay, who the hell is Erik and what the crap is he doing?" Vale broke in their conversation. "I can't see shit in the air. I can't hear shit over the freaking engine! So I don't know what shit is going on."

Hank sighed, his arm and face blurring together. "Erik is a long story, but right now isn't the time."

The aircraft began to descend and Vale snapped her eyes shut and held on to her seat belt. The feeling in her stomach overwhelmed her as she tried to turn her ability back on.

Once they landed Vale understood why Hank called the massive triangle a seventh wonder. The thing had thick walls and a boggling passage ways. The Professor was in the middle of it.

"You guys help Nightcrawler get into the pyramid." The woman with the blue tint energy ordered. She definitely was the one from DC. "Get Charles. I'll take care of Erik."

Vale had ignored the rest of her commands and the others as she focused on the mapping of the awkward building.

In the pyramid, it held high ledges and rather strange columns circling around a large room the Professor was being held.

"Kurt there's an entrance." Vale told the him. "I think it's clear. He's in the dead center of the building."

And with a slight sound and smell of sulfur, his energy blinked from beside her to entrance of the pyramid.

"Oh crap! Move!"

PS.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING INTEREST AND READING MY GARBAGE.

Love, TophPug.