3

"Ayye, you always cheating, man." Marcus sighed.

They were shooting baskets in the basketball arcade game, and Marcus lost twice in a row.

"Sorry, bro." RJ laughed collecting his long string of tickets.

"How about we play the bowling game?" Olivia pointed to the row of free 'mini alleys'.

RJ nodded his head before noticing his cup of coins are almost empty.

"Yeah, I'll be right back." He shook his coins in the cup revealing he needed more to group. "I'll meet you there."

He walked to machine where a girl was putting her money into.

"Oh God," she sighed. Her ten dollar bill was spit out again.

"You need help?" RJ stood besides her. He noticed it was the girl at the table.

"Please, there so stupid." He laughed at her aggravation before taking her bill from her hand.

He rubbed gently it against the corner of the machine, quickly smoothing it out until putting back in the slot.

Almost immediately, the clanging of coins sounded, pooling into the bowl.

"Thank you so much. I was about to give up." She scooped her coins in to her cup.

"It's no problem," he smiled revealing the slight gap in his teeth.

"A girl like you shouldn't have a pout on her face." He put bill into the machine.

"A girl like me? What do you mean?"
A smile played on her lips as she watched RJ collect his quarters.

"A pretty girl." He spoke moving out of the line.

She had big hair, bigger up close. She seemed to have an aesthetic; a unique style and the way she carried herself.

It was like she radiates confidence.

She had to, the man wouldn't of ever tell a girl she was pretty without being shy.

And her hair has incredibly defined curls and RJ was fascinated by it.

She only wore an oversized black shirt that hung off her should revealing a lace maroon bralette. She had fresh adidas' on with black socks that peaked enough to know it was apart of her outfit.

RJ unintentionally licked his lips, she seemed so interesting.

"Janessa," she raised a hand out.

She hadn't notice he was staring.

"RJ," he took her soft hand into his.

He spotted tattoos on her fingers to her wrist.

"It's henna. They'll fade soon."

He nodded his head before she took her hand away.

"So, what does RJ stand for?"

"Uh, Ronald Jordan," he smiled. "But I prefer RJ."

"I like Ronnie. Can I call you that?" He looked like more of a Ronnie than a RJ to her.

"Yeah."

Only a few people called him Ronnie like his mom and dad but he didn't mine Janessa calling him that also.

"Okay, Ronnie," Janessa eyes began to wonder around the arcade.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't come by yourself."

He looked back at the bowling game, Marcus had his arms around his date helping her with the ball.

Olivia seemed to be having a fun time too as Marcus was talking to her and making her laugh.

It was like Marcus had two dates than one.

"They look fine," he smirked. His attention was now to her.

"Well, I didn't come by myself." Her eyes wondered to the other side of arcade where the new 'Ghostbusters' game was.

There stood a group of girls RJ recognized from her table.

'They were pretty by not as pretty as her', he thought.

"They can wait a moment, don't you think?" He wanted to play at least one game with her.

He watched her sigh before nodding her head.

"I know you want hang with your friends but I have an idea," he led her to the two basketball arcade games.

"If I win, you have to go on a date with me, and if you win, you get anything you want." He put his coins in the machine.

It was a brilliant idea.

A basketball player plays basketball, so
why wouldn't he win this.

"Okay," she smiled putting quarters in the machine.

"Just know, I always win."

The buzzer went off as the two began shooting basketballs.

RJ was surprised by her skills, making more points than expected. But it was little struggle for her as she fairly short, 5 feet to be exact.

RJ hadn't known he was sweating until the buzzer rang again signaling the end of the game.

Both were now panting.

"Yeah, I won!" Janessa did a little dance.

"You're pretty good," RJ smiled.

He peered at the score: 55-58

He was only short four points to win.

He watched Janessa as she began to grab her coins to leave.

"Wait, the deal. You won." He managed to get with his pants.

"I'll use it as a favor."

"What favor?"

"You'll know soon," RJ watched her as she walked back to her friends.

"A favor?"

He was confused.

But he won't be confused for long.