Sold tornado

HELLO LOVELY READERS!!! <#33

So this is a longer chapter, almost double compared to the last one. That's good for you guys, I hope. It's the 3rd chapter added this week so this is probably the last update for the week, unless I get a lot of feedback. 

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy it. Also I have a question for you at the end. Pls make sure to answer it.  

Love you all. xx

****************

After what felt like hours, I was still by the door, on the floor. I refused the idea of getting up if it meant confronting the man that I'd already nursed such a strong hate for, that a thousand nights spent in a church couldn't cure it.

I could feel something changing in my own person, my soul. I felt that all his darkness and hate was starting to settle inside me and it was harder and harder to think rationally. But there wasn't anything rational about what was happening. I used to be a fan of the line "Everything happens for a reason" because I was always so quick in accepting everything that was happening to me.

Except that right then, the whole phrase seemed alien to me. My situation wasn't something to be accepted. But it still wasn't something that I had an answer to.

I moved a little, trying to get more comfortable on my spot on the floor, when I heard a loud bang, as the air around cracked with the thunder of gunshots that was coming from the window. I was paralyzed for a second and it took me some time to run towards the door that I knew would lead me to the bathroom. They were coming from one direction, but once they were inside, it felt like they were everywhere. One of them managed to hit the lamp settled on the drawer close to the door. I squealed in surprise as another one fell on the floor near my feet. The loudness of it all affected my ears and I was trying my best to cover them. I didn't dare to look up at the glass. All I knew was that they were coming from outside.

Once I felt the doorknob in my trembling hands, I pushed open the bathroom door with all the force I had left in me, closing it behind me and running towards the shower cabin. My movements were agitated and I couldn't control the shakes.

I managed to close the shower door, as unease dredged through my stomach. There were still noises coming from outside, but the gunshots couldn't be heard anymore. I wave of coldness went through my body as I expected something more to happen.

"That was a warning, D'ambrosi!" I heard his loud voice boom through the walls of the house, even though it was coming from outside.

"Better take that damn shower and come downstairs or I'll make you!"

I heard his every word, clearly, but I had to blink a couple of times and to force my brain to stop itself from having a panic attack right there. Did he do that on purpose? Shot bullets at my room? Any of them could've hit me at any point. He had no idea if I was standing right in front of one or not. He was mental. He was a criminal, damn it.

He wants you dead, a voice in my head mumbled, from far away, too scared to fully acknowledge the fact.

It took me some time to even breath properly again, but once I felt like my body regain enough balance and control, I got up and furiously started getting out of my dirty clothes.

I kicked the pile out of the shower cabin and I let the cold water poor down my back. It was making me cringe and twist a little, but that's what I needed. I needed to wake my mind up, fully and get myself out of the shock I suffered just five minutes ago.