Chapter Fourteen~*

Start from the beginning

She nods. "He said something about that."

"Wait, wait, since when have you two gotten close? Jamie, you hate her guts."

Darcy sighs, flips her hair over her shoulder dramatically and looks at Jeff. "Now she hates yours. A lot changed while you were gone. If you would close the door, we'd like to have a conversation in peace."

Jeff is speechless for a few moments but then he closes the door and stomps his way over to the steps. I wait until I can't hear him anymore before I speak.

"Masky never came up here."

She looks at me with wide eyes. "What makes you say that?"

I smile. "Because he talked to me in the kitchen."

Darcy grins mischievously. "I may have fibbed a little."

I shrug. "He's gone so I'm not complaining."

She nods and then stands. "I was actually on my way out when I saw you two. I would totally stay to chat but I have to do something. Maybe later, if Gold isn't here?"

This makes me pause. "Gold isn't going to be here. He's busy with Lavender." Just saying her name makes that fire burn in my heart.

"Oh, is that her name? I've seen them together. They're cute." She's walking to the door, still talking. "So then I'll stop by later. Maybe takeout and a movie? Do you like Chinese? I'll pick some up. Later!" She waves as she closes the door.

When she's gone, it's completely silent. Since this floor is so empty, it's almost always silent. Before I had welcomed it but now it just adds more to the feeling of being imprisoned. Having Gold around lessened the feeling but he's gone now, off doing other things with another girl. That sort of thing seems to happen to me and the guys I care about. I decide I love Jeff and he brings Madison into the picture. Gold becomes my closest friend and suddenly Lavender is swooping him away. Maybe they're not the other girls; maybe I'm the other girl.

I pull my knees to my chest. The biggest problem of me being alone is that I start to think way too much, over analyzing everything until I ultimately feel like crap, Now, my mind jumps to what I said about Jeff and Madison about the wild sex and babies. For all I know, they could be doing that. The idea of Jeff getting another girl pregnant hurts. I start thinking back to the baby I should have had and my heart starts aching. It's a horrible thing to feel that tiny life growing inside of you, only to have it brutally taken away from you. I try not to think about it but I'm still so torn up about losing my baby and the thought of another girl being able to get pregnant while I literally couldn't started to eat me up from the inside.

I am just about to start crying when I hear a shuffling in my room. I sit up and look around. A sudden chill comes over me, along with the feeling of being watched. Then some

steps out of the shadows, walking over to me with it's limbs moving in a gruesome dance. It stops just at the foot of my bed.

"Who are you?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"I am the sandman."

Another CP. "Why are you here?"

"You want something from me. So I came."

I frown. "I don't even know you. Why would I want something from you?"

"A child. You want a child. I can give you one, but at a price."

Everything in me falls still and silent. A child.

"A price? What price?"

"The child I give you will be made of me. Eventually I will come back to reclaim the pieces of myself. I will take them back and you will remember nothing."