Ch.20- Chess

Yoichi trembles beneath Chess's fangs, and she digs a palm into his shoulder.

The purple-haired woman purrs and pulls back.

"I remember that scent," she says playfully. "I've always had a good memory..."

She brushes a strand of lavender hair from her face. "It was all..."
She touches a finger to his chest.
"...over... one of the livestock my Crowley killed so long ago."

Yoichi makes a small sound, halfway between a whimper and a cry of anguish. Chess covers his mouth with her hand.

"Who was she?" Chess asks with a smirk. "Friend? Cousin? ...Sister?"

Yoichi's large green eyes well up with tears, and Chess laughs at the deep emotional and physical pain she is causing the frightened boy.

"Having razor-sharp memory is great." The vampire comments, then abruptly gasps as a purple-tinged sword goes through her chest.

You cock your head.
"Having a razor-sharp sword is pretty great too," You comment.

You activate the curse, and chess's body swirls and disintegrates, her dress blowing into the ground next to Yoichi in a gust of wind.

Yoichi lies there for a moment, and you offer him your hand. He takes it, and you pull him up, his hand warm in yours.

The shaking boy wipes the tears from his eyes, and you look around, again finding yourself on the outskirts of the battle. It's weird. Out here, there are constant lulls in the battle, while people in the middle are fighting for their lives. It seems wrong, somehow.

You head back into battle.

•••••

-Crowley's side-

Something is wrong.

Terribly wrong.

Chess.

Crowley stands in shock, his face portraying almost human-like emotion, staring at the bloodied dress.

Horn, with her blond hair in crimson-soaked curls, stands beside him with an equal look of horror.

Neither of them know what called them here, how they know, but the battlefield sounds fade in Crowley's ears as he stares at the empty fabric.

Then, the vampire does what no noble of the first born out of the earth has done.

Braid swinging in the wind, Crowley Eusford sheds a tear.