I snap my head towards hers “This stops right now if we have any chance of escaping we need to stick together.....we need to be united not divided!” 

“Dakota’s right we need to work together” Chloe whispers wiping away her tears.

“Fine let’s call it truce” Lilly holds her hand out and we both shake it “From now on there is no competition between us and if we find a way out we tell everyone that’s in this room deal?”

“Deal”

The door opens and we all jump away as Cruz and Frank come in.

“Time for medical checkups girls!” Seth comes in behind with Warren pushing a machine and a bad slung over his shoulders.

“Chloe as you’re the oldest you’ll go first lie down on the bed and we can get started”

Chloe moves away from us and lies down on her bed. Warren places the machine by her bed and places the bag on the floor beside it.

“Gloves Warren. Chloe pull up your dress”

I can’t see what is happening as Cruz stands in front of me but I can hear Seth and Warren whispering to each other.

After Seth is finished with Chloe he moves onto Lilly and before I know it it’s my turn.

“Now little one are you going to be a good girl or I’m I going to have to get Cruz and Frank to hold you down?”

“What are you going to do?”

“Don’t worry will start with an ultra sound and then a few little tests and things”

I nod my head and lie back on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

“That’s the girl just relax now” he coo’s lifting up my dress.

I watch as Warren hands him a new pair of gloves and he puts them on snapping the elastic as he does. Seth puts something cold on my tummy and I gasp then he rolls something over my tummy and an image comes up on the screen.

“And there’s Carver’s baby little one”

I watch the screen as my baby moves inside of me. My baby is so tiny it’s little fingers are so tiny and I can see clearly that it’s thumb is in its mouth.

“The baby’s very healthy that’s good...now boys she isn’t going to like this next part”

They hold me down the whole way through the tests and when it’s over they let me go and I curl up into a ball and cry.

“Good girl Dakota that went better than I thought...now Warren is going to stay with you for a little while. He’s going to put a pad on your arm to stop the blood flowing ok?”

I don’t say anything but I turn to face him “What did you do to me?”

“I took some blood in case of emergencies and I have started to induce you by tomorrow your waters will break normally or I’ll break them”

“Don’t fret Dakota we are just following Carver’s order and Seth’s your doctor so he’s going to see it all” Frank laughs “Oh I said Dakota I’m sorry I meant little one”

I wait until they leave the room and then snuggle in underneath the blankets and cry- if Seth breaks my waters not only could my baby die but I could die.

Warren comes over with a roll of white pad and tape he patches me up and the blood stops.

“I’m sorry girls I don’t know what has gotten into them....listen what if I told you there was a way out of here? That I could get you out of here and back to your families?”