Chapter 4: Getaway

You now those days when you wake up feeling so freaking exhausted that you can barely open your eyes and keep them open? Well, that was how my Tuesday began.

I turned off my alarm clock and rolled on my side on the bed, considering whether I'd stay home and skip class or not. Sadly, I knew just one day of not going to class would mean losing on a lot of notes and important stuff, even some exams dates.

I could always ask someone for the notes, but I knew I had to go, so I groaned and stood up in spite of myself. Besides, I had to check on Chuckie and Aris.

Tiredly, I took a shower and got dressed. Then I went downstairs.

I found them on the living room, playing that stupid board game Chuck enjoyed so much and that I didn't even know the name of.

I waved at them as I went to the kitchen to have breakfast.

"Klunk!" I heard from the other room.

I poked my head to the living room door and watched them.

"Shuck!" Chuck exclaimed again once Aris threw the dice and scored twelve points.

Once I finished my breakfast, I walked over to the table where they were playing.

"Chuck, don't swear" I said, putting my hand over his head and moving it around playfully.

"I didn't swear!" My brother defended himself as he swatted me away. "I just said klunk... and shuck"

I chuckled and patted Chuck's head.

"How are you, Aris?" I looked at my cousin, who seemed a bit immersed in the game but managed to look up at me.

"Fine" His glare soon returned to the board and I chuckled. He had always been a boy of few words, just like myself.

"I put my phone on vibrate, but call me if you need anything, boys" I gave a kiss to each one's cheek.

"Okay" They both said with boredom at the same time.

"Will you be okay?"

"Yeah"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeeeeees"

I laughed a little and headed for the door, throwing my bag onto my back carelessly.

Feeling relieved that Chuck wouldn't have to spend more time alone now that Aris was with him, I left for class.

*

Classes were really long. Don't get me wrong, some subjects resulted really interesting, but each hour felt like a whole day.

Luckily, every day of the week I had a free period in which I could relax for at least an hour before going back to more classes.

Sometimes, during that time I went to the cafeteria to eat something –since sometimes I skipped breakfast when I was late and had to boost my energies up- or I would just take a book with me and sit around to read it.

But that day I walked around the pavilion looking for any familiar faces. I smiled when I saw Gally sitting in the floor of the corridors, studying a big book with great concentration.

"Hi" I cheerfully said, towering over him.

He frowned as he looked up at me, wondering who bothered him during his studying.

"Y/N!" I had barely seen him ever since he showed me Professor's Paige office, and it was great to see him again. We talked sometimes, but unfortunately we didn't encounter around the pavilion too often. "Hi!"