Chapter 2: Not As Planned

Start from the beginning

"Give it to me!" I whispered yelled, throwing myself in his direction and climbing onto Thomas' back. I struggled to take the phone from his hands as he changed it from one to the other.

Chuck began to laugh, trying to keep it down so Newt didn't hear him.

"Yeah, she's here" Thomas kept talking to the blond over the phone.

"Thomas!" I complained, showing him my most menacing look.

He rolled his eyes jokingly at me and gave me my phone.

"Newt?" I said as I got on my feet and walked away from the laughing Thomas and Chuck as they were too loud.

"Hi, Y/N!" Oh, it was so nice to hear his endearing and husky voice. "Um... are you doing anything this afternoon?"

"No, actually..."

"We can go for a walk if you want"

I smiled so big that my cheeks began to hurt.

"Y-Yeah, why not? Sounds fun!"

"Great! Pick you up at around... um, seven?"

"Okay"

"Bye"

"Bye..."

"Bye" He said again, and hung up.

I screamt out of pure excitement and started dancing.

"It's just a boy" Thomas was suddenly very cranky. What happened to all the laughter?

"But it's that boy!" I definitely needed a female friend to celebrate. She would understand.

Boys...

Chuck tugged at my shirt, so I looked down at him curiously.

"I don't want you going out with that guy" Chuckie said to me in a childish tone, and I raised my eyebrows in utter surprise.

"Why, little brother?"

"I don't like him" He was thirteen, but he sounded like he was five or something.

"You don't know him; you haven't even seen him yet!" I just laughed, not knowing he would react like that.

He seemed really keen of mocking me for liking him just a minute ago.

It was the first time I properly went on a date with a boy –was it a date? - because other times it didn't really quite work that far. And I was really excited about it, why couldn't they be happy for me?

"He's got a point, you know?" Thomas pointed out.

I cocked my head to the side and desperation.

"Really? You too?"

Thomas simply shrugged, but I knew he was being overprotective. It wouldn't be the first time he took the role of a big brother.

"Whatever, I'm going to-" I cut myself midsentence as I realized something. "Oh, no"

"What is it?" Thomas face was covered in concern.

"He's picking me up, but he doesn't know where I live..." It got off to a bad start already. "What am I going to do?!"

I was so nervous that I couldn't come up with a solution.

"That's such a pity..." Thomas sarcastically said.

I desperatedly needed a friend. A girl.

And the only girl I got along with better was Teresa.

I dialed her number in a hurry and impatiently waited for her to pick up.