Sad, Beautiful, Tragic

"Okay... don't get scared. Don't move away from the ball..." Caleb kept repeating the words as he approached home plate.

He glanced back at the stands, but only saw his dad and Corey. He knew that everyone else was in New York for Fashion Week.

He usually went with his mom, but since he started baseball, he never had the time.

The reason he started baseball, well, he didn't know why. He's heard many different reasons.

His dad said that it'll help him make memories.

Khloe said it'll help him be out more.

Grandma Kris said that it's good for kids to be a part of a team.

But, he's heard his mom say it'll help take Reign off his mind.

Reign wasn't only his cousin, but his best friend. Yeah Saint's between the two, but the bond he had with Reign was unreplaceable.

Last year, Reign and Caleb were playing outside of Caleb's house when their football went into the road. It was night, so Caleb just suggested waiting until morning. If it was there, it was there. He could get another football.

But, Reign said he could get it. Caleb waited on the sidewalk, and Reign wen out into the road.

It all happened in a blur. The truck coming, Reign going under, he tried to go save Reign, but the driver beat him to it.

Reign was taken to the hospital. He wanted to go, but his dad took him home. The next morning, his mom explained to him that Reign went to become an angel.

"Strike one!" The umpire called.

"Come on Caleb!" Corey yelled.

"Come on buddy. You can do it." Y/N said as he recorded the game for Kendall.

The second ball came. Caleb swung, the ball went flying. He dropped the bat and went running.

The second baseman picked up the ball and threw it to first. Instead of the first baseman catching it, it hit Caleb hard in his side the moment he touched the plate.

Y/N jumped up and went running to the dug out. The coaches went to check on Caleb, and soon helped him in.

"You okay buddy?" Y/N asked as Caleb walked to the entrance.

"Yeah." He replied softly.

Y/N stayed by the gate until the game was finally over. Caleb's team lost their first game, and he couldn't help but feel a little bit guilty.
As,wa
Y/N carried Caleb to their black Range Rover after saying goodbye to Corey.

Y/N tried to make a conversation with his six year old, but nothing worked. "You wanna call mom when we get home?"

"Sure." Caleb replied as he stared at his hands.

Once they arrived home, Caleb walked upstairs and to their balcony. He sat down on one of the couches and looked out at the pool.

Why does his mom think he needs to play baseball? He's told his dad he doesn't like it, but why doesn't his mom listen when he tells her.

All he gets is 'Just give it time and you'll love it.'

Why does she never listen to him?
"Auntie Cara is in the house!" Caleb heard. His smile grew. He jumped up and ran downstairs.

He saw his mom's best friend walking in the doorway. He ran over and jumped on her. Cara picked him up and hugged him tightly.

"Now, how did my godson's baseball game go?" She asked.

Caleb and Y/N both exchanged looks.

"They lost." Y/N said.

"Why do I feel like theirs more?" Cara asked as she put her hands on her hips.
"
Caleb lifted his jersey up and showed her the purple bruise.

"What in the hell happened?!" Cara asked.

"A ball hit me." Caleb said.

Cara looked at Y/N. "Have you told Kendall?"

He shook his head. "I was actually going to get him some ice."

"Well, you better hurry."

"Why?" Caleb asked.

"B-because...because Kendall's last show is today and she plans on coming back tomorrow so she can go to his game." Cara blurted out.

Caleb gave Y/N a terrified look. "You mean I have to go back!?"

"Maybe you won't have to play outfield." Cara suggested.

Y/N picked Caleb up and carried him to the kitchen. "Let's get you some ice. And don't worry buddy. I'll deal with your mom."