Performances and Attacks

"Our first contestant, Mirai Montay!" Pierre calls out over the loudspeaker. I'm watching the performances on the backstage TV. Mirai comes out in gold and grey mini dress, with magenta flats and a magenta headband. Her Mawile is standing besides her.
"Mawile, flash canon!" Mawile fires a white canon shaped ball of steel towards the back of the room. Everyone gasps in the crowd.
"Now, fairywind!" The Pokemon sends pink breaths of air towards the steel canon. Right before it hits the back wall, the wind breaks it in half, floating the two halves around the room, on opposite sides. Once the halves reach the stage, Mirai calls out her next move.
"Iron fist!" Mawile jumps up and gracefully punches the two pieces. They split into even more, brightly shining pieces.
"Let's finish this with Dazzling Gleam!" The stage lights up, the source of this light being Mawile. The light causes the pieces to glow and break down to the size of sparkles, exploding over the stage. Mirai and Mawile bow while the crowd cheers.
"She's impressive, isn't she? She always says she doesn't compare to me, but she is my biggest competition. You have to take risks if you want to survive in a competition with her." Melody tells me. She is dressed in a black sleeveless top, with a colorful skirt. She has a clef shaped hair piece keeping her fringe off to the side of her face. Her chatot has a pink bow around its neck, and it rests on her shoulder. She sits down next to me.
"We can watch the rest of the performances together, examine our competition." She smiles at me before focusing on the screen. A blonde girl and an Arcanine enter the stage. During her performance, Mirai arrives and takes a seat next to Melody.
"Next up, Melody Arenoa!" Melody leaves our seat, and a few minutes later, appears on the stage.
"Chatot, use Sing!" The parrot Pokemon rests on her head and let's out a peaceful melody. It begins to put some of the audience to sleep. Even me and Mirai yawn. But Melody looks unaffected by Chatot's song. She then quietly tells Chatot the next move.
"Whirlwind!" Chatot flies into its the air, slowly flaps its wings. While still singing, its begins to create a small whirlwind, slowly creating a whirlpool of music notes. She smiles as she begins to slowly dance under Chatot.
"Awe, look. They've all fallen asleep. Use hyper voice to wake them up!" Chatot flies towards the end of the stage, and let's out a deafening hyper voice towards the audience. While it is deafening, it has a nice melody. The hyper beam takes form in a few statically beating zigzagged rings.
"Let's make our exit with psychic!" The purple glows appears around the beams, pulling them apart, ripping them into tiny sparkles, muffling the sound. Chatot lands on her shoulder as she bows. A few minutes later, she arrives at the dressing room, taking a seat on the sofa.
"That was amazing, Mel! I wish I was as good as you!" Mirai complements her friend.
"You did good! That Flash Canon was very risky, and paid off well!" Melody replies. Chatot let's out a chirp in agreement.
"You really think so?" Mirai asks Melody, humbled by the complement.
"Yeah, you were amazing! That was awesome!" I tell her, giving her a bright smile.
"Well then, I hope you can show me just how good you are! Then maybe you could be my first rival!" Mirai cheers.
"Aren't you and Melody rivals?" I ask her confused. They don't do team performances.
"Well, not in the same way that, that uh, uh, Mel, who would you call rivals at the guild?" Mirai struggles to finish her sentence.
"Umm, Daniel and Christine, was it? I think they're pretty competitive, but that's just what I heard." Melody scratches her neck, smiling awkwardly.
"Oh, them. I forgot! Thank you Melody. Well, we're different'cause we strive to make each other better, by motivating each other and training with each other." Mirai smiles at her friend before looking back at me.
"But don't rivals help each other improve? By having a rival, you always feel the need to improve in order to pass them up, and can learn from them during your rivalry." I tell them. They look at each other and sigh. A glance at the screen. A girl with white hair and a Gardevoir are performing. I look back at them, and Melody replies.
"You bring up a point. But a rivalry is competition. Always wanting to be the better rival, and sometimes rivals can be nasty to reach other. But me and Mirai, we're friends who help each other out, who always strive to help each other improve. Do you understand how we're different from rivals now?" Melody asks me. She runs a hand through her hair as I nod. The loudspeakers come on with a buzz in the backstage area.
"Next up, Serena Yvonne!" I get up from my seat, as me and Braxien begin to walk towards the stage. Melody and Mirai smile at me as u walk past them, before turning to each other and talking.
I approach the platform. The purple cylinder of metal is supposed to rise with me and Braxien on it. A man with orange hair is waiting at a control pad.
"Just step on it and prepare yourselves. Tell me when you're ready." The man doesn't turn to face us. Looking closer, I can see that he is reading a thick book. Me and Braxien step on the platform. I kneel down to smooth her bow and make sure her fur looks neat. I stand up and smooth my own clothes. I run a hand through my hair, making sure to remove tangles. Both me and Braxien neaten our posture as we face forwards, ready to perform.
"We're ready." I tell him confidently. He doesn't look up from his book as he presses the button.
"Good luck." I begin to slowly rise to the stage. I can hear the crowds rapid cheers, as my heart beat begins to quicken. The stage lights begin to flash in my eyes. I turn to Braxien and whisper "good luck". She looks at me and smiles. We face forward again and prepare ourselves.
The lights seem to make the stage feel like Coumarine City, and the crowds excited screams amplify. They quiet down as the music begins.
"Fire Spin!" I call out my first move. Braxien begins to make a our pattern with the fire from her stick. The crowd's cheers draw a confident smile on my face. I lift my head up as I call the next move.
"Psychic!" Individual balls of fire seperate, a purple glow surrounding. They fly all over stage, as me and Braxien dance. The crowd lets out a series of oohs and aaahs.
"Now, Trick Room!" Purple tiles appear, surrounding the room. The fire balls begin to move in slow motion, as do me and Braxien. The crowds cheers stretch out, and lower in pitch, causing me to chuckle, slowly.
"Fire Spin again!" Braxien lights the end of her stick on fire once more. She twirls it around, in slow motion, causing an impressive act. She passes it to me. I catch, and twirl it on my thumb. Guess that circus class at camp wasn't useless after all. I pass it back to Braxien, it doing a 360 in the air. It lands on Braxien's nose. She manages to keep it balanced there as it spins on her nose. The purple tires disappear, as the spinning becomes faster. I let out a breath. I crack my knuckles before calling out my finishing move.
"Psychic!" The purple glow surrounding the floating balls of fire begins to pull them towards the stage. They collide over me and Braxien's heads, sparkles bouncing off them like water spilling out from a fountains head (is that what they're called, the part at the top?) Me and Braxien bow, listening to the now rapid cheers of crowd. The remaining sparkles glow above us, before flickering out of veiw. (Anyone else reminded of nuclear fusion?)
I exit the stage, through a stair way behind the curtains. I walk back to the sofa, me and Braxien plopping down.
"Good job!" A sweet chirp leaves Chatot's beak. I look at it, my eyes widening in surprise.
"Most Chatot are really bad at imitating human speech, but Chat it actually sounds pretty cute doing it!" Mirai giggles at she softly pats Chatot's head.
"Thanks Mai! You did very well! I'd be proud to call you my rival!" Melody exclaims. Chatot nods its head in a choppy motion.
"I'd like to accept your offer!" I smile at the duo, tipping hat. Mirai and Melody grab the end of the skirts and imitate curtsying. We giggle before Pierre makes an announcement.
"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for us to vote on the round one winners!" I can hear cheers over the loudspeaker. They sound static, and cause the sounds to disort.
"Let's see how we did!" Mirai is the first to stand up, grabbing both of our hands, and pulling us with a surprising amount of strength towards the platform. Her Mawile and my Braxien follow us close behind, Chatot flying ahead.
"Good luck!" Melody smiles at us before walking to her own platform. I get in mine. Platform number #5. I take the key with a pink crystal embedded in it from the cabinet on the walls surrounding the platform. I make sure to close it to prevent malfunctions.
"Is everyone ready?" The man from before asks us. We reply in a chorus of yes. "Good luck." He tells, pressing the button.
Me and Braxien smile brightly at the crowd. I look over to my group's balcony. Pylvia, Bonnie and Ash are that the edge of the balcony, leaning on the railing. The others are relaxing in their seat, enjoying their food.
"Please light your glow lights to the color of the performer you think did the best." An overwelming amount of glows surge towards us. Almost immediately, three pink lights come from the balcony. I can see Pylvia, looking down hesitantly at her glow stick. I look over to Mirai, who is currently tilting her head towards Melody who has more votes then her. After looking between the two for a moment, Pylvia sends out a white glows, which floats towards Mirai.
"Melody Arenoa, Veda Trumount, Mirai Montay, Serena Yvonne, Paulina Arenstead, and Felicia Fraulif all move on to the the next round!" Pierre nearly screams over the loudspeaker. I can see the balcony cheering across from me. They're cheering for either me, Mirai, or Melody, or all three of us. I look around at the other competitors. They all wear pleased smiles, and have their Pokemon cheering besides them. I look down at Braxein, who smiles brightly at me. The platforms lower, bringing me backstage. I prepare for my performances.