"I'm afraid not."

"Not even about the announcement you'll be placing in the Forthcoming Marriages of the Daily Telegraph?"

"Elias blabbed, didn't he?"

"Mhm."

"You men are seriously indiscreet!"

"Yep."

"Honestly, you both gossip more than any woman I know. I'm going to have some choice words to say to him the next time we speak."

"He's right here, if you want to let rip at him now."

"You'd love that, wouldn't you?"

"I won't lie to you, but... yeah, I would really, really, really love that."

"In that case, no, I won't talk to him about that right now."

"But-"

"I'm selfish, remember?"

"You're a party pooper, too."

"You bet your bottom dollar I am."

"Anyway..."

"Oh, hey, before I forget!"

"What?"

"You know I'm back in early August?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, my grandparents' anniversary falls around then. There's a family shindig and what not. Fancy being my plus-one?"

"That depends."

"Wrong answer, Daniel."

"What's the right answer?"

"The right answer would be, 'Yes, babe. Of course, I'll be your plus-one!'"

"No, I don't think I like that answer."

"Whatever. What was your question?"

"Which grandparents are we talking about? The loud Irish ones or the crazy French ones?"

"The Irish. And they're not that loud."

"They are that loud. And, yes, babe. Of course, I'll be your plus-one."

"Just kidding. It's my French grandparents' anniversary."

"In that case, no. Not a hope in hell."

"Haha. It's the Irish side, don't worry. My Grand-père doesn't believe in anniversaries."

"What?! He doesn't believe in them?! I told you the French side of your family were crazy!"

"I'll give you a free pass on that. Anyway, fancy a weekend in Dublin?"

"Yeah, why not."

"Cool. You'll need to bring a tux, though."

"A tux?"

"It's going to be a fancy affair. Big party. Lots of prominent people."

"Is it a big anniversary?"

"Well... it's their Diamond anniversary, so yeah. It's a big one."

"Diamond... wait! That's traditionally the sixtieth anniversary. Your grandparents have been married for sixty years? Jesus, was Harlow a child bride or something?"

"Not quite. She was... twenty-two, maybe, when she married."

"Harlow is eighty-two years old?!"

"Yes."

"Doesn't look it."

"I know that's a compliment, but never tell her that."

"I won't. She scares the shit out of me."

"And don't talk like that in front of her either."

"You know I've met her before, right?"

"I know. But even I have to be really careful around my grandmother. The only one who doesn't watch their tongue around her is Echo, and that's only because she has a death wish."

"Haha, true. When's Echo's punishment, anyway? Last I heard, Echo was lamenting the fact that she was being forced to go to some posh party."

"It's a week this Saturday. God, that reminds me. I have to get her a dress."

"Why do you have to do that? Can't your mother send something over?"

"She could, but Echo doesn't trust my mum to do that. Their styles don't exactly match up."

"I guess not. What type of dress are you going for?"

"I'm not sure yet. Something that she wouldn't usually wear. Colourful, probably. As much as I like spunky Echo, I kinda miss Keira, you know?"

"This is going to sound weird, but I can't imagine your cousin as anything but a punk alien."

"Then I'll make sure that Harlow takes enough photographs so we can see them when we're in Dublin. From what I remember, Echo has blonde hair."

"Blonde? Nah, I can't picture that."

"You'll see."

"I suppose so."

"Right, I have to go. I've got a meeting to go to."

"Ok. Call me tomorrow?"

"Naturally."

"Great. I love you, Soph."

"I love you too, Daniel."