HP Short 12

Shift, shift, fidget, stretch, shift.

Fidget, shift, stretch, crack joints, shift, pull hair behind back.

Bounce knee, concentrate on paying attention, fidget, shift, shift, stretch, fidg—

"Will you stop moving?" Seamus hissed at her. She looked at him, face slightly burning.

"I can't. I'm restless," she hissed back clenching her fists on the table. He shook his head. She twisted in her seat, cracking her back, and her eyes quickly roamed over the faces in the room. She caught sight of white-blond hair and squinted grey eyes. Her face started burning — who knows why — and she turned back around, hoping he didn't notice her looking.

Fidget, shift, shift, pull hair behind back, fidget, bounce knee, shift, crack joints, fidg—

"Josie I swear t-" Seamus was cut off by the Professor dismissing them. Josie jumped up, happy to get out of there.

"I hate school. Doesn't even matter that we're learning about magic and shit. I hate it," she complained as they left the room. The group started laughing, making jokes about how Josie would sleep forever if she could.

"It doesn't help that we have to go to school with Death Eaters either," Ron said and the rest agreed. Josie had gotten jostled to the back of the group like always and she got quiet.

"Yeah like Malfoy! He shouldn't even be here," Seamus added and Josie looked away, somehow finding the blond in the crowd. His face was rigid and slightly downcast.

"He's not a Death Eater," she whispered. No one heard her of course. She ended up in the common room with everyone else, but she was so lost in her thoughts she ran into the couch. They all laughed and her cheeks burned as she steadied herself.

"I'm going to put my books in my room," she said to no one in particular and practically ran up the stairs. She set down her books and stared longingly at her bed — she was so tired — before deciding to go back down to sit with her friends that rarely notice her. The first spot she saw happened to be next to Seamus. She sat down, kicking her shoes off and pulling her legs up and curling into a ball because she was so tired.

"Hey Josie, did you get any sleep last night? Or were you reading all night?" Ron asked laughing. She raised her head and nodded.

"I slept all night," she said quietly as if she didn't understand why she was still so tired. She was uncomfortable, to say the least. Her body was cramped, being tucked into such a small spot. She mustered up every ounce of her courage and shifted and laid out across Seamus' lap, stretching, then snuggling down into the couch. Her stomach was laid across Seamus' legs, his hands resting on her back since they had nowhere else to go. As she started drifting in and out of consciousness, there was a tickling sensation on her back. She realized it was Seamus tracing random patterns on her back. Her eyelids got heavier and her breath evened out and she started hearing less and less until — nothing.

All too soon was she pulled back into reality.