HP Short 6

She stood tall, listening to her parents like the good child she was.

Or at least that's what they practiced.

Her parents quietly told her how much of a disappointment she was and how much they hated her.

But for the sake of appearances, she stood there and took it. She couldn't make a scene.

They pulled her in for a hug, awkward for them, normal for everyone else. She blinked back the tears that threatened to fall and got on the train. She found an empty compartment and pulled her legs up onto the seat. The train lurched forward and she allowed a few tears to slip out. She wiped at her eyes but they just kept coming.

Footsteps were coming close to her compartment and she looked up, desperately wiping away her tears so no one would know. Three boys appeared, looking in then sliding the door open. She recognized them as Slytherins, considering the fact that they already had their robes on. She picked up her phone, silently sighing in relief that she had muggle parents so she could have a distraction. She was in the process of plugging in her headphones when someone cleared their throat. She looked up to see all three boys looking at her. She knew if she started talking she'd probably start crying again so she went back to opening her music.

"Who are you, mudblood?" the blond boy asked. She stiffened at the name and looked up to see him smirking.

"And who are you, you stuck-up piece of shit?" she but back before she could stop herself. His face dropped and she flinched, muttering an apology before she realized he wasn't going to hit her.

"I asked you first," the blond boy said hesitantly. He squinted at her and she felt herself going red.

"I'm Josie Mackenzie," she said quietly.

"Draco Malfoy," he responded. "And this is Crabbe and that's Goyle," he pointed out his friends and she just nodded, feeling the familiar sting in her eyes. "Have you been crying?" Draco asked when he noticed the unusual redness around her eyes. She shook her head violently and put her earbuds in, turning on her music. The three boys were all on the other bench so she scooted down and laid out, letting G-Eazy lull her to sleep.

She woke up to the train stopping and her falling off the seat. She hit the floor before she could stop herself and a string of cuss words and groans were immediately emitted from her mouth. She slowly pushed herself up to see the three boys still there, looking rather amused.

"Oh go fuck yourselves," she spat then mumbled "sorry," reaching up to rub her face. She felt something wet and pulled her hands back to see glistening tears on her fingers. She stared in utter betrayal, then wiped them away with her sleeve. She realized she was still in her street clothes, a light tan distressed sweatshirt and black skinny jeans littered with holes and her worn out black high top vans.

"I have to change..." she trailed off, cheeks burning up as she unplugged her headphones and put them away. The three boys smirked but didn't move. "GO," she said loudly but they stayed still. "I'm not afraid to punch you," she threatened. They kept still and she huffed. She looked down dejectedly for a moment then suddenly punched Draco in the face. He immediately jumped up while yelling. He opened the door and his friends followed him out.