02.17

Rushing down the crowded hallways, pushing people out of the way to barge into the E.R. The brunette's glossy eyes wondered around the hallways scattered with doctors, maintenance staff, and the STRIKE team. Rumlow sent Victoria a smirk, rolling her eyes and opening the two doors to the room where Fury was being held.

She walked up to glass, beside Steve and watching the doctors remove the bullets from Fury's weak body. "Where did you find him?" She whispered. "I found him in my appartment." Steve replied, looking at Victoria. She could feel his eyes staring at her as she continued to look at the operation. "What was he doing there?" She, finally, looked up at him.

Looking into his eyes was like feeling herself burning. Burning of guilt. She couldn't find the courage to apologize for not showing up to their date and avoiding him for so long.

Steve sucked him a huge breath, hesitating to respond and then huffed out an 'I don't know.' Just by examining his actions, before responding, Victoria knew he wasn't telling the truth. She let it go and grabbed his hand that was rested on the window still, he held her hand and squeezed it for comfort.

Natasha rushed in to the room and stood beside her. Maria Hill also walked towards the glass and explained Nick's injuries and the type of bullets he was shot with. Victoria's teary-brown eyes widened when the surgeons were rushing, grabbing the defibrillator and trying to shock Fury to life over and over again. She couldn't take watching them, she ran out of the room.

Victoria rubbed her puffy, wet eyes. She turned around, watching as Rumlow approached from down the white hospital hallway. "What do you want?" She hissed. "Aw, sweetheart are you crying? I thought you were tougher than this." He taunted. "I'm human, I have emotions unlike you." She rolled her eyes. "Who did that to him? He didn't deserve what happened." Victoria grabbed Rumlow by his black, bulletproof vest and pushed him against the wall. "Wow, you're really strong. Why don't you ask your best friend at your next therapy session and he'll show you." The raven haired man smirked as she let him go, and shoved him towards his team.

»»»»

A/N: what's up guys! It's been awhile. It's currently 1:30 am, and I'm sitting in my bathtub (bath bombs are lit).