01.09

Wow, that kiss was amazing. Is that even allowed, to be intimate with someone on the team? God, he's so annoying, I should have punched him.

Victoria thought as she stomped her way to the detention level. Her emotions were like a roller coaster, up and down and twisting. As she walked in, Stark was already in the room. He was looking at the wall that had Coulson's blood. Stark turned around and looked at the agent, "You okay, kid?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." She forced a smile. She wasn't fine, she was sad, flustered and furious.

"Was he married?" A voice behind her asked. She rolled her eyes as she blushed. "No, there was a cellist, I think." Stark answered. "Sorry, he seemed like a good man." Steve crossed his arms and looked down. "He was an idiot." Tony scoffed. "Why?" Victoria asked. "For taking on Loki alone," "He was doing his job." Steve defended. "He was out of his league. He should've waited. " "Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony. Is this the first time you lost a soldier?" "We are not soldiers! We are not marching to Fury's fife." Tony snaps. "Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does. But we need to put that behind us and get this done. Loki needs a power source, we need to make a list-" "He made it personal." Victoria cut off Steve. "That's not the point." Steve glared at the girl. "That is the point, That's Loki's point! He hit us all right where we live. Why?" Tony pointed at Victoria.

"To tear us apart." Steve said. Victoria chimed in again, "Yeah, divide and conquer is great, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right?" "That's what he wants, he wants to beat us and wants to be seen doing it." Tony caught on. "Right, Devereaux and I caught his act in Stuggart." Steve included. "That was just the previews. This is opening night and Loki is a full tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, a monument built to the skies with his name plastered on it." Tony explained.

That sounds a lot like Tony and his tower.

Victoria's eyes widened. Tony soon caught on, "Son of a bitch." He muttered while exiting the detention level.

Steve and Victoria were alone again. "Hey, I've been wanting to ask you something, If we don't die and come back in one piece, would you want go out for coffee or dinner?" He asked. Victoria smiled and looked up at him, "I don't like coffee, and if you're taking me out for dinner it has to be Italian." She warned. "Done." He laughed.

------

Steve and Victoria walked down the hallways and into one of the infirmary rooms. Natasha and Clint were talking until Steve opened the door. "Hey, Barton how's your head?" Victoria asked. "Better?" "Stark is on his way to Loki, we need one of those jets. Can you fly?" Barton nodded and the group made their way to one of the quinjets. One of the pilots turned around and held his hand out trying to stop the Avengers, "Hey, you guys aren't aloud to be in here!" "Son, just don't." Steve argued.

.