L&F II.

LOST & FOUND

Chapter II

“Oh my gosh. Did you see him?”

“The one with brown hair?”

“And that hot body! What's his name?”

It was three days since I met Kristal and Klein. And also three days since people started talking about me. I was the topic of their talk - and it annoyed me. But in those three days, I still never got a chance to see “Havoc”. I guess cutting classes took up majority of their schedule.

I was eating in the cafeteria with them, watching them throw tantrums at each other. I had to admit, they made me smile a lot. ‘Normal day again.’ I thought.

Never in my life have I wished this badly for a change. Too bad, I just had to speak too soon.

The people in the cafeteria started shouting when the door made a bang. Through the crowd, I could make out four people stepping in. They were arranged in a square formation - two boys in front, and a boy and girl at the back. They turned left and sat at a rectangular table for six.

The table was nearest to the window and door. I’ve wondered why it was kept vacant all the time, but now, I think I know.

People murmured and stared at them admiringly.

I pretended to ignore this scene and said to the twins, “So I’m guessing that that’s Havoc.”

“Yep.” Klein said.

“Care to explain about them?” I asked.

“A couple of days ago, we told you that their name came from a phrase. Well, it is true, but it originally came from their names.” Kristal replied.

“An acronym?”

“Yeah.” She answered.

Klein started explaining things to me. “C stands for Carter – Carter Jane Clearwater. She’s the one with the curly hazel brown hair that bounces slightly when she walks. Of course, the only girl there as of now. Her eyes are in the shade of brown. Her attitude is very happy-go-lucky, but she can turn serious when it’s needed. Her richness comes from her mother – the CEO of Hawk – largest clothing line in the world. She’s currently in a relationship with Oliver Justin Antolin.”

“Oliver Justin Antolin is the guy seated in front of Carter. The one with dark gray hair. It has slight curls at the ends if you notice. He has blue-gray eyes. He’s called ‘the goofy bad boy’. If you’re wondering how those two attitudes can be found in one person, I don’t know either. He prefers the name ‘Justin’. He’s an expert in the rubik’s cube. His father runs the Microsoft company. Currently in a relationship with Carter.” Kristal said.

“Beside Justin is Vincent Williams. He has wavy blonde hair that reaches his neck. He has brown orbs. He’s Havoc’s ‘prince charming’ - he smiles a lot... and charms other girls. His mom is a famous singer. And if you’re wondering how I came to know these, my sister here has this huge crush on him.” Klein added grinning madly.

Kristal glared at him and groaned. “Whatever. So, moving on, the last guy there is Austin Luxembourg. He has messy raven locks and light gray orbs. He has a tan skin and body is what you would call ‘hot’. He is known as the ‘bad boy’. His dad is a Hollywood actor. Additionally, he has the most number of female admirers in the school. He is known to have at least two different girlfriends per week. Also, there are rumors that all his previous girlfriends have...”

She was almost deciding against continuing the sentence but what's the point of starting it when you won't finish it, right? She hesitated for a while and barely whispered, “...already lost their virginity,”  obviously disgusted.

I nodded acknowledging their explanation. “So, I thought you guys said there were five members?”

“Yeah.” They replied me simultaneously.

“The last member is their leader. But she isn’t there. I don’t know why though. They always stick together. But anyway, she is the most admired, feared, loved, hated, and envied amongst them.” Klein continued.

“She?” Well, I could believe that females could be leaders... in normal circumstances. But in a rebel group? Never thought of it.

Kristal cut me off my thoughts. “Yeah, she. Hard to believe, huh? Don’t worry, I went through the same confusion. A girl-

Kristal was cut off by Klein when he said something out loud. “Her name was Haley I think...” While scratching his head.

Haley...? No way. It’s just coincidence, right? I mean, the name ‘Haley’ is a common name. And the chance of us going to the same school - in the whole world whose land surface area is about 29.2%of fucking 510 kilometers - after two years is like... less than one percent...

O-kay... Where, why and how the hell did science and math come in?

I snapped out of my thoughts when Klein started bickering, again. “Haley Ce - no” “Haley Cranberry? Don’t think so.” Klein continued racking his brain for her last name. “Haley Celery-” He got cut off by Kristal. She smacked him on the head and said, “That’s for cutting me off. And maybe that’ll help you remember.”

Klein glared at her but then, looked the other way and continued guessing random surnames. When I could clearly see from Kristal’s face that she was getting irritated and annoyed, she gave him one of the longest scolding I’ve ever heard from her. “And you tell me you still don’t know why I like to keep it a secret that you are my twin brother? You-are-a-downright-crazy-stupid—idiot. Well, let me tell you. You lower my reputation. How could you know the full names of the members of Havoc and not even know their leader’s surname? Ugh. Are you just an idiot or are you naturally stupid? Oh, I know, you’re a stupid idiot. Seriously, Cranberry? If you don’t know, look it up on the dictionary. Even on the encyclopedia if you want. Just not on the atlas.”

“What’s wrong with atlas?” Klein asked, his innocent face full of curiosity. Kristal glared at him for a few seconds as if it was the stupidest question on Earth... Which, it actually was. She pretended to ignore that he said this and continued,

“And Celery? You hungry or what? Stupid idiot, it’s Haley Cant-

But Kristal got cut off again, but not by Klein. Someone seemingly entered the cafeteria. A girl – a redheaded girl. With a familiar face. I didn’t need the Brent twins’ explanation to know her. Because I already did. It was the girl with natural straight red hair. The girl with a face so beautiful, make-up wasn’t even needed. The girl with those deep sparkling eyes in the mixture of green and brown. The girl with a perfectly arced nose. The girl with brains no one can match up to. The girl with a dazzling smile.

The girl I’ve longed for. The girl I’ve waited for. The girl I’ve left. The girl who left me.

It was the last person I’ve logically expected but the first person I desperately wanted.

She was my first, and possibly last. Well, it wasn’t an official break up but I left her without any word. And she left me as well. It was like a silent contract. A contract we never signed, but unknowingly was made into deal.

I’ve missed you...

...Haley Canterbury.

 _______________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, yeah. I know. You don't have to tell me for me to know that it sucks. Well, I'm still a beginner so... yeah.

But still, vote and comment please! :]