Chapter 13: As Time Flies~

Depuis le début

"Hey, how 'bout that store?" Suggested Evan, pointing toward a small, light brown shop with its welcoming doors wide open. We stepped in, the shade and cold air conditioning sending chills down my spine. It was a small clothing and accessory store. I looked around before my eyes caught a tall display. Chuckling slightly, I ran off, nearly colliding with the rack of sunglasses as I approached it. There were so many options.

A store clerk approached us, hands folded in front of her and a polite smile on her face. "Can I help you with anything?" She asked us.

"Uh, yeah..." I stammered, trying hard not to choke on my words, "do you have a fitting room?"

"Yea, I can get you one now if you'd like." She offered and I responded with a slight nod. I grabbed a handful of glasses and followed her to the were the dressing rooms were; Evan in tow. "And here you go, dear," the woman opened a thick curtain leading to a smallish cubby.

"Great, thank you." I said and she walked away. I took a second to look around before pulling Evan into the changing room and closing the curtain quickly.

"Jon wha-?" Evan questioned, a shocked expression plastered onto his face. He started to blush as he realized the situation he was in.

Ignoring him, I whipped off my mask with a sigh and fondled(lol)STOP the sunglasses in my hands, trying to decide which ones to try on first. I picked up a pair of gold rimmed aviators, slipping them on. "What do you think?" I asked, looking in the mirror before turning to face Evan.

"They look good.... wait, did you really bring me in here just to try on sunglasses?"

"Yes." I laughed and tried on the next pair. "How 'bout dis?"

Evan subtly scooted closer. "Any pair of glasses you try will look good on you," He stated with a faint smile. I couldn't tell if he was being honest or he just wanted to get a move on to the next store.

"You think so?" I asked and Evan nodded with a blush still prominent on his cheeks. "Okay." Looking down at the glasses, I grabbed the gold aviators and put on my mask before exiting the changing room and heading toward the checkout counter. Setting down the merchandise, I pulled my wallet out.

"Did you find everything alright today?" The man behind the counter asked.

"Yes, thank you." I said softly and grabbed the needed amount of money, handing it to him. The man handed me my change and told us to have a great day before waving a small goodbye. Evan and I left, heading down the sidewalk in the same direction as before. A small smoothie stand caught my attention, "Hey, Evan! Can we go there? Please?" I asked, wanting to get myself a mango smoothie just like the ones back home. I could almost taste it. "Please?" I asked again.

"Sure," Evan laughed, "I could go for a strawberry banana smoothie. That sounds real good right now." He stated, pulling at his white shirt collar to try and cool himself down.

Happily, I ordered our drinks and Evan payed. I took a sip of my mango flavored smoothie and sighed with pleasure. "This is so good!" I exclaimed, taking another big sip.

"Here, wait, " Evan said and walked to the counter, picking up a handful of cheap brown napkins. I went to follow him, not paying attention to my surroundings. I felt someone bump into my back and I turned to see Evan, bright pink smoothie, coating the front of his once pristine white shirt.

"Oh god, Evan I'm sorry!" I exclaimed, taking the napkins from his hand to try and clean up the mess.

"No, it's fine," he said in a reassuring tone. "I didn't really like this shirt anyway." He said with a smile. I continued to wipe away the cold drink, running my hand down his torso in an attempt to get him clean. "Jon, really it's fine." Evan said, looking down with a slight blush on his face. I never noticed how easily flustered he got. Ours eyes met for a moment as my hand went lower until it touched the band of his pants. I noticed what I was doing and pulled away, turning so my back was to him.